Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for property bought in Italy

Options
  • 26-01-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

HI there
    I bought a property in Italy with some friends during the 'boom' and now have to pay the balance of my third.
    This is the scenario:
    One party can not pay their balance because he lost his job. I lost my job and started my own business, but am still on the Back to Work Scheme.
    My options are:
    To pay my balance only with a mortgage/personal loan (not sure which is best (approx 25k)
    To pay for my balance + 1/2 of the other parties balance (approx 37.5k)
    Can anyone advise if/how I can get an Italian mortgage whilst living in Ireland (if at all; I hold an Italian passport)
    I can not even try to approach the irish banks as I don't exist as I am basically considered to be on the dole, despite my income from my business.
    Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

If you can read Italian, you could go on Barclays.it. I know people (Italian citizens) who got a mortgage while permanently living abroad, but I'd recommend to contact them to get more information. If you have difficulties let me know, I'll try to help you going through the website.

Note: I'm not affiliated in any way with the bank, I'm just aware that Italian banks and regulations are often a nightmare, therefore I'd be happy to help, if I can.

Advertisement