Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Link Road Works

Options
  • 26-01-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

So what are these big reinforced concrete boxes they are putting at the side of the south link? Out near Ballincollig?
    New signage maybe ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They are getting ready for construction on the flyovers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Work is due to start in the next few weeks, money allocated and all that. It will take two years, but at least they have got their act together and are doing both the Sarsfield road and Bandon road flyovers at the same time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

roundymac wrote: »
    Work is due to start in the next few weeks, money allocated and all that. It will take two years, but at least they have got their act together and are doing both the Sarsfield road and Bandon road flyovers at the same time.:)

It wont do much. It will just make the tailbacks at Dunkettle sooooo much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

I apologise in advance for being pedantic but....
    • The South Link is the N27 between the Elysian and the Kinsale Rd Roundabout.
    • The South Ring Road is the N25 from the Jack Lynch Tunnel to the Bandon Road Roundabout via the Kinsale Road Flyover and Sarsfield Road Roundabout.
    • The Ballincollig Bypass is considered to be from the Bandon Road Roundabout out to where the dual carriageway ends near the Ovens Bar.
    [/PEDANTRY]

Anyhow, while it is true that the Sarsfield/Bandon Rd Flyover is due to go ahead, the works on the Ballincollig Bypass is due to the retro-fitting of gantry signs. As far as I know this is a nationwide NRA initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

roundymac wrote: »

Its fantastic alright...once they don't stick a toll on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Hogzy wrote: »
    It wont do much. It will just make the tailbacks at Dunkettle sooooo much worse.

I was of the same opinion when I had to use the tunnel every day - now I live in Douglas and work out west it means I will get home in half the time! Happy days.:)

Although I can only imagine what the traffic disruption will be like when they are doing the building.

Maybe when its done and the tailbacks are massive , as predicted, it will give a better business case to upgrade the Tunnel area to some sort of free flow North and East.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Delighted to hear that news,

Now if only we could get Macroom & Ballyvourney bypassed my journey home on weekends wouldn't make me want to hurt people!!

Advertisement