Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire Car Vent Dock

• 26-01-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hey guys looking for one of these for the car as soon as possible, don't need any charger attachment or anything just a cradle that holds the Desire and clips into the vent, can buy online or if theres any shops that have them, even better. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Ok this isn't a car vent dock but still a pretty good car kit for the Desire.

Review here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Maybe check if there's a brodit proclip vent mount for your car ? Not necessarily a cheap option though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I really really don't want to stick anything to the windscreen, thanks though.

Checked out the brodit clip but when I entered my vehicle, (2005 BMW 320) it found nothing, however it found a suitable one for a 2004 model which should be the same as they're both E46.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dave147 wrote: »
    Hey guys looking for one of these for the car as soon as possible, don't need any charger attachment or anything just a cradle that holds the Desire and clips into the vent, can buy online or if theres any shops that have them, even better. Thanks

I had one that I got from Argos that I just stuck to the dash and it worked great.. was adjustable too so larger phones fit as well.

Unfortunately I knocked it hard one day when cleaning the car and it came off and wouldnt stick back on right but must try and get another

I had a vent clip holder before in my old car and NEVER again. Tried to remove it one time and the clip got stuck and pulled part of the vent with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Actually I just decided to get a "Dash Genie Car Kit Holder Mount For HTC Desire HD (Ace)" on eBay.. works out @ €25 delivered from UK - seller is supergps-uk

Will let ye know how it works. I'm not a fan of windcreen mounts (think it just advertises to potential thieves unless you clean the glass regularly) so hopefully this will do the trick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement