Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad UPC Television reception in Dublin 15

Options
  • 26-01-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Is anyone experiencing bad UPC reception in Dublin 15, the digital signal stalls and the analog signal has vertical lines It's been going on for months

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Nope - we've had no problem. We're in Blanch near the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nope no problems here, in Mulhuddart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They fix mine, but it gets worse after a few months everytime. Last time it was water in the cable, time before that low signal. As they change things in one place it seems to impact in other places. So its often a local issue. Last few time UPC came out quite quickly. So should keep ringing them until they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

They are upgrading the D15 area broadband and phones so we should see tv reception improvements as it is all on the same cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Many people have no issue. So I think (perhaps wrong) that its local issues, down to the connection to your house or the specific loop your road is on. The improvements will being better capacity. But they won't help if you have a bad cable or junction box between you and and the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

BostonB wrote: »
    Many people have no issue. So I think (perhaps wrong) that its local issues, down to the connection to your house or the specific loop your road is on. The improvements will being better capacity. But they won't help if you have a bad cable or junction box between you and and the road.

You are probably right I have had UPC out a number of times but they haven't been able to fix the problem Are there any issues with SKY the salespeople say not but I'm sure they would say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's possibly the junction box on the side of one of the houses on your road.

Advertisement