Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valentine's Day

• 26-01-2011 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ShearerGeordie

Yep, that fateful day full of expensive niceties and nicely expensives is approaching soon.

So, any ideas for Valentine's Day lads? I'm really stuck for ideas, so what are ye getting up to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I'm guessing your a fella, so no I'm busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

dogging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Get her a hot stud like me for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

First Valentines day single for 8 years. So I am going to be very content counting all the money I didn't waste on a boyfriend!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭benagain

bring her to the beach an let the tide take her out ops :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's a load of shite but regretfully something you end up acknowledging as not to be a bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Scratching myself on the couch most probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Do what my OH did last year got me sod all, then on 15th February he gave me a beautiful card which said "It doesn't have to be valentines day for me to say I love you" - with a gift voucher inside. (now he either forgot and this was the easy way for him to get out of trouble or he really does love me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

rebel10 wrote: »
    First Valentines day single for 8 years. So I am going to be very content counting all the money I didn't waste on a boyfriend!;)

sorry when you content what i think you meant to say was full of hatred for all men!
    But i got your subtle use of language

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

organise a gang bang...then tell her shes not invited.

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    sorry when you content what i think you meant to say was full of hatred for all men!
    But i got your subtle use of language
    Oh so subtle!:p

Seriously though, i am content knowing I don't have to buy anyone a card or make a meal, not just on Feb. 14th, but any day of the year!
    Wonder how long will i remain "content" though!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

no money should be spent on Valentines day, hate commercial holidays, birthdays are important, christmas I can get over coz it's like celebrating the start of a new year.

But Fŭck Valentines day, that's priceless :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Herself already told me she doesnt want anything - so does that mean I should get her something?

Typical females with their reverse psychology dagnammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Herself already told me she doesnt want anything - so does that mean I should get her something?

Make her something. She's appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

My birthday is on the 11th, so I only get 1 present!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

It's gonna be my birthday too on 14th Feb !! :D
    Double fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Woop first valentine's single in a good while, so I'm going to Coppers to get the shift yeeeeoowwwwww!!!

It's a load of shiiite anyway, I never got anything memorable :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

means she's not getting you anything :pac:

hmm if you're not sure maybe just do something nice like cook for her but don't buy presents etc.

If I said I didn't want anything I would mean it though.

Do something really nice for her spontaneously on saturday the 12th, like run her a bath, with her favourite music on in the background. While she is busy scrubbing, pop into xtra vision and pick up one of her favourite films and favourite food/snacks. That would be my ideal treat anyway. If you have kids, organise that they are babysat or something and go for a walk somewhere nice, just the two of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Woop first valentine's single in a good while, so I'm going to Coppers to get the shift yeeeeoowwwwww!!!

It's a load of shiiite anyway, I never got anything memorable :mad:

Thats how I do it every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

When she says she doesnt want anything do not fall for it or you will be on the handpump for a month!!! Thats like when she says do I look fat in this dress, it doesnt matter what the truth is the answer is no.

These are universal laws like wear sunscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

i think i may be due sex this month so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

Larianne wrote: »

Yeah. Make her cook a steak dinner and follow it up with a blowjob.

Do something really nice for her spontaneously on saturday the 12th, like run her a bath, with her favourite music on in the background. While she is busy scrubbing, pop into xtra vision and pick up one of her favourite films and favourite food/snacks. That would be my ideal treat anyway. If you have kids, organise that they are babysat or something and go for a walk somewhere nice, just the two of ye.

I'll cook her something nice and get some good Weissbier - we're not wine people.

And before you ask, she's survived what I dish up more than once!

No kids, thank fuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Valentine's Day is complete shit.

I'll cook her something nice and get some good Weissbier - we're not wine people.

And before you ask, she's survived what I dish up more than once!

No kids, thank fuck
    Famous last words, PeterIanStalker jnr. born 14/11/11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

8 cans of carling in the house
    1 chinese
    40 benson and hedges
    johnny in the jacket pocket
    50 euro for spending
    taxi to the pub
    keep drinking and hittin on young wans until I dont have to get a taxi back to mine

Novella wrote: »
    Valentine's Day is complete shit.

I know, but what man says no to the extra sex thats the inevitable reward for buying a silly card?

I'm only doing this to get my end away, godammit:cool:

If it happens, I'm calling him rebel10. :D

• Advertisement

8 cans of carling in the house
    1 chinese
    40 benson and hedges
    johnny in the jacket pocket
    50 euro for spending
    taxi to the pub
    keep drinking and hittin on young wans until I dont have to get a taxi back to mine
    cartman-wow.jpg
    You?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Get her a hot stud like me for the night.

pics or gtfo

Seriously, I hope we're both infertile.

Seriously, I hope we're both infertile.
    Seeing as i'm single, i'll stay at home saying a decade of the rosary for you on Feb 14th! Touching wood as i type.

Touching wood as i type.

eewwwwww

eewwwwww
    FEMALE Goddammit!!!!!!!:D Should have said i am touching the edge of my wooden coffee table as i type:D
    Pfff......men!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Just paid for car insurance. I'll give her a lift home. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

as it's on a monday... I'll prob be cooking something... might play on the PS3 a bit too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's looking increasingly likely that I'll be single but what I did last year was bring my girlfriend to Clifden in Connemara for the weekend. Booked one of their suites. It cost a good bit but I enjoyed it, the weather was somehow very god while we were there too!

There's an even better suite called the Tranquility Suite down in Clare at the Armada Hotel in Spanish point, it has a cool old fashioned bath tub.

Or back before I was spending money like it was going out of fashion, I got a different girl a tickle me Elmo, a rose, a card and took her to dinner.

But I can't seem to keep a girlfriend so maybe you should listen to somebody else :(

Ahhh yes the old hate myself period of the heartbreak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Larianne wrote: »

I did that one year & it didn't go down well at all. In fact, she got very annoyed with me.

Apparently poo isn't a "proper present".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I did that one year & it didn't go down well at all. In fact, she got very annoyed with me.

Apparently poo isn't a "proper present".

No, it's a shít present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i don't celebrate it, its sexist against males! why should they have to do all the buying and spoiling....

women expecting to be wined dined and treated, with presents and flowers and chocolates and jewelery....bleuch no thank you,

i would rather spend the day doing coupley fun things together, like two years ago when we went down to killarney to muckross park and went for a nice quiet nature hike.

it was perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I hate Valentine's it reminds me of how lonely I am.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Listening to music and not actually acknowledging Valentines Day as a special day/celebration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'll only be with my bf a few weeks on Valentines, it'll be the 1st time in years i won't be single on the day. And i'm still not bothered by it, it's just a money making day. I'll be happy with a card and just to see him.

Yep, that fateful day full of expensive niceties and nicely expensives is approaching soon.

So, any ideas for Valentine's Day lads? I'm really stuck for ideas, so what are ye getting up to?

Nothing :confused:

I dont mind using it as an excuse to do something nice, but my friend emailing me with 'i want to get something for my bf and it's 200 euro', she needs to be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

So I am going to be very content counting all the money I didn't waste on a boyfriend!;)
    works both ways love;):pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i don't celebrate it, its sexist against males! why should they have to do all the buying and spoiling....

women expecting to be wined dined and treated, with presents and flowers and chocolates and jewelery....bleuch no thank you,

i would rather spend the day doing coupley fun things together, like two years ago when we went down to killarney to muckross park and went for a nice quiet nature hike.

it was perfect!

You do realise we're meant to get Steak and Blow Job day on the 14th March right?

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    works both ways love;):pac:
    Does i suppose. We could start a thread on how much we saved this year compared to years when we were going out with people.
    Card 3 euro maybe, dinner 30 (he paid usually, but if i cooked), dvd 5 euro, m&s finest "night wear" 40 euro. All in all i reckon i may save about 80 euro. Not bad. Must try and remain single more often!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

You do realise we're meant to get Steak and Blow Job day on the 14th March right?

He didn't get the memo, among other things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Spank her bare arse until she shoots off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement