Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice needed on day to day account...

Options
  • 26-01-2011 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey all...So to get to the point I was wondering could any of ye offer me some advice on an account for expenses?
    I'm currently a credit union member, which I'd like to keep for savings, but I was thinking of opening a bank account,splitting money between the two and getting a card of some sort (Debit or credit) for day to day expenses rather than carrying cash. Not alone is there the danger of losing a wallet but also running out at the most awkward times!

Any advice on a good account or provider for this type of thing?
    And what about a a card? What route would ye take?

Thanks anyway! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i like the visa debit options because it gives you the full benefits of a credit card pretty much, except acts like a laser.

i think ulster bank and ptsb do this. i'm with ulster bank and no real complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

Thanks! I'm limited to BOI, AIB and Ulster Bank in my town. I've a few quid in BOI from a child saver account but for some reason I was leaning towards Ulster Bank?

Advertisement