Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Fulham 8 pm

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

At this stage points > performance but hopefully with new players coming in performances will start to improve. 3 Pts in the bag an 7/9 last three games. League table looks a little better thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lucky result. Didn't deserve it

I dont know, liverpool had a perfectly good goal ruled out in the first half as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hairy last few minutes but happyout with that. Delighted to see the team working hard. Raul easily man of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Jeez that was squeaky bum time but I'll take a scrappy 1-0 anyway, Man Urenited have done it often enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mister men wrote: »
    Excellent performance.

Sorry, i'm all for positive thinking, but that is nonsense.

If we want to improve we need to be so so much better in every area from defense to attack.
    Patting ourselves on the back after allowing Fulham attack us for most of the second half would be counter productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Yes indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Good performance overall. I have been impressed with central midfield, Meireles is really coming into his own and Poulsen has actually shown signs of being a Premier League player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

niallo27 wrote: »
    My ****ing heart after that, i really thought we would drive on from saturday, but **** its another win, 2 months ago that would have being a draw
    Niallo a few weeks ago that would have been a loss. Fantastic to see what Dalglish has done in such a short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

budgemook wrote: »
    I can't wait to say to all the Man U fans slating Liverpool tomorrow that "It's a sign of a good team to win even when playing badly". That's all I ever here from those boys!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

most Man United fans dont give two ****s about ye.

• Advertisement

Sorry, i'm all for positive thinking, but that is nonsense.

If we want to improve we need to be so so much better in every area from defense to attack.
    Patting ourselves on the back after allowing Fulham attack us for most of the second half would be counter productive.
    Opinions what. Happy out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

any result is a result at this stage-
    nando's goal was well onside in the first half!

nice to see Poulsen doing all the basic hard graft for us, think might be a bit of clarkes influence, he is the best DCM we have....is making a difference-

Kelly johnson and mereiles all looking lot more solid under kenny- can't wait until big boys find form, still dreaming of fourth.....:rolleyes:

I actually think lucas was a huge loss tonight, there was no one to break up fulhams play, they were just allowed have the ball, he is a great ball winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

The sad thing is they do
    dont know why but they do ;)

Lol but here you are. :D Priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

well that ain't true.

So many of our attacks end with Torres. Not in a good way either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Highlights on SS1 after the League Cup Semi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So much for we will win it 3 or 4 nil :rolleyes:

Merelies was very good again, Maxi is hopeless

Or 5 or or 6 ;);)

Raul was very good.
    Maxi needs a taxi and Kuyt needs a rest!
    Shelvey to start against Stoke hopefully!
    7th already, really wish he got the job a month earlier!

The sad thing is they do
    dont know why but they do ;)

The only thing we care about is making Liverpool suffer for the smart comments back in the 80's and 90's about never been the kings of England.

skippy15 wrote: »
    any result is a result at this stage-
    nando's goal was well onside in the first half!

nice to see Poulsen doing all the basic hard graft for us, think might be a bit of clarkes influence, he is the best DCM we have....is making a difference-

Kelly johnson and mereiles all looking lot more solid under kenny- can't wait until big boys find form, still dreaming of fourth.....:rolleyes:

Said it a few weeks back when the King took charge forth was still possible. Stranger things happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Over the whole match we probably deserved to win but absolute shocking and nervy last half hour. Lack of discipline and composure by the whole team after the Painstil incident. Meireles again MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭budgemook

I beg to differ

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

That was an absolutely stunning and stellar performance.

Nothing any fans of any other team in particular say are going to change my assessment of tonight's match. You will not do anything to take me down from where I am.

:D:D:D:D

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

The only thing we care about is making Liverpool suffer for the smart comments back in the 80's and 90's about never been the kings of England.

I dont even know what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Nervy ending, alot of hoofing it out of defence but for once I couldnt care less. Great to get a win, bring the confidence on a bit. Poulsen, Kelly Agger Johnson all did well. Still think we're suspect from set pieces etc. with Skrtel, Agger parnership. Hangeland would be a good addition I think.

Hard to believe after such a disastorous season we are in a lofty 7th position. We may salvage something yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Highlights on SS1 after the League Cup Semi.

Milk Cup semi? Is 1983 again?

Anyhow, very dodgy 2nd half.....they are obviously still suffering from Post Roy Anxiety Stress Disorder, but a win is a win, and I'm sure Kenny learnt a lot tonight....might add to his arguments with Board that they need to spend the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Said it a few weeks back when the King took charge forth was still possible. Stranger things happen.

Makes you wonder why he wasn't a good enough manager to get a top job in 17 years:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

murpho999 wrote: »
    Milk Cup semi? Is 1983 again?

Anyhow, very dodgy 2nd half.....they are obviously still suffering from Post Roy Anxiety Stress Disorder, but a win is a win, and I'm sure Kenny learnt a lot tonight....might add to his arguments with Board that they need to spend the money!

Most on here wish it was 1983, as do I:-)

Makes you wonder why he wasn't a good enough manager to get a top job in 17 years:rolleyes:

There is only one job he wanted and he has it now

Lol but here you are. :D Priceless

I was more worried about Fulham;) BOOM.

• Advertisement

17 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

come on you can do better than that. i will give you a D- your trying too hard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I dont even know what that means

I think he doesn't like only ever being the Queens of England;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are trying to dish the only man to manage teams to the old Division One title and the Premier League title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Adam would have come in handy tonight too, would be a good squad addition.

Not great with Gerrard just back and Kuyt and Maxi poor.

Another match were Poulsen wasn't ****e, coincidence?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Why do we look choked when Gerrard is on the pitch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok.

i saw none of it.

but i'm told we were shít, Fulham dominated, Gerrard is detrimental to the team, Kuyt and Maxi need to fúck off, and we need a ball winner, but we won, so who gives a fúck...

that's the synopsis i've been given.

accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

SlickRic wrote: »
    ok.

i saw none of it.

but i'm told we were shít, Fulham dominated, Gerrard is detrimental to the team, Kuyt and Maxi need to fúck off, and we need a ball winner, but we won, so who gives a fúck...

that's the synopsis i've been given.

accurate?

We were good enough in the first half and poor in the second half

Accurate enough otherwise

I wonder if it would have been a different game if Torres' goal had been allowed early in the first half.

Fulham passed the ball well, kept it on the ground for the most part and broke quickly. Lady luck's bounce of the ball also seemed to favour them, which is usually a bad sign.

Meireles and Torres worked hard and looked good. Shelvey put in a good stint when he came on. Pepe was blessed that the two biggest Fulham shots of the game came right at him. Kelly was solid. Agger was solid and willing to break forward. Johnson contained the left for the most part and broke well also. Maxi wasn't great, and Kuyt was a bit heavy footed.

I don't know about Gerrard or where he belongs any more, but I'm less confident when I see him in the starting 11. A shocking thing to say/feel. :eek:

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »
    I don't know about Gerrard or where he belongs any more, but I'm less confident when I see him in the starting 11. A shocking thing to say/feel. :eek:

Shocking, yes ! Correct... yes!!

How can this be though???

If he starts in the right instead of Kuyt is surely the place for him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Gerrard has had a really good season. Tonight wasn't his fault, even though he didn't play well. We played great with him in the centre for a lot of the first half.

The usual suspects this season - Kuyt, Skrtel and to a lesser extent Maxi and Agger, were simply atrocious.

I'm really sick to death of Dirk and his immunity from criticism and from being dropped. He is just not a threatening player in attack for us. Bench him, and save him for United/Chelsea/Arsenal games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody know where I can see highlights of tonights game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Anybody know where I can see highlights of tonights game?

Im watching the game on LFC tv on sky sports! Channel 434.

Happy with the result, granted not as spectacular as I thought it would be but how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

As someone already said we missed Lucas massively last night and the difference between him and Poulsen is staggering in terms of mobility and work rate. Nobody would have said it last year but I really think he should be first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Vudgie wrote: »
    As someone already said we missed Lucas massively last night and the difference between him and Poulsen is staggering in terms of mobility and work rate. Nobody would have said it last year but I really think he should be first name on the team sheet at the moment.

.. Ahead of Reina and Torres?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

let's not go over the top on Lucas.

he's an important player yes, but nowhere near the first player on the teamsheet; and we still should be looking at better, because he can't anchor the midfield on his own, as has been said.

that being said, it sounds like he was an important miss last night.

Poulsen will never cut it, no matter how 'ok' he's been since Kenny's arrival.

Johnson at LB, Kelly at RB, Agger, Mereiles playing and flourishing in his best position, Shelvey's lengthening gametime and Torres' renewed effort are the biggest pluses so far from Kenny's short time so far.

*hint* play Pacheco/Suso a bit more or loan them out *hint*

Kuyt and Skrtel's form, along with Poulsen's continued inclusion are the negatives :p

With respect to Pacheco and Suso, I would imagine Kenny will wait a little while longer until he has all the senior members of the squad playing a system the way he wants, and confident with a few wins under their belt. Could be very risky to throw on the youngsters while the team/club are under such pressure to get out of the previous rut, and potentially hurt not only the club but also their development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

spockety wrote: »
    With respect to Pacheco and Suso, I would imagine Kenny will wait a little while longer until he has all the senior members of the squad playing a system the way he wants, and confident with a few wins under their belt. Could be very risky to throw on the youngsters while the team/club are under such pressure to get out of the previous rut, and potentially hurt not only the club but also their development.

I agree with this. I also think he wants to introduce a few of them at once so they are able to "click" easier.

Advertisement