Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloke lost it i'n the bank today

• 26-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Was passing aib the quay lunchtime when i saw two cops going i'n. I had a appointment i'n there ten mins later. Talking to an employee after cops went off , apparently one chap lost it , started screaming and shouting about a cheque or something, then he kicked out at a office door, i saw a i big hole in the wall after the handle hit it. Interesting times we live in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Sounds like that guy got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

STIG83 wrote: »
    Or he signed the wrong side of the cheque :cool:

/gets coat

/on second though, puts it back and sits down again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Today I saw I was charged €5 for setting up a standing order (which I did my self using TSB's internet banking). Of course they will also charge me for every transaction too.

I felt like smacking someone. I wouldn't take it out on frontline staff though. I might poo on the chairlady's pillow though. Sweet revenge :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Easy to lash out at the banks these days but the front of line staff knew nothing of the corruption and all that.

Still though, I do love a good freak out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

dayshah wrote: »
    Today I saw I was charged €5 for setting up a standing order (which I did my self using TSB's internet banking). Of course they will also charge me for every transaction too.

I felt like smacking someone. I wouldn't take it out on frontline staff though. I might poo on the chairlady's pillow though. Sweet revenge :cool:

Move to AIB, and get free banking, only thing i ever pay for is unpaid direct debits.

Don't have any affinity with them just don't want to give any bank a cent! If they start charging I'll move everything to the credit union.

"You'll need to have an AIB Current Account, be registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking and you'll need an AIB Debit Card.

To enjoy a way to bank free of maintenance and transaction fees, each fee quarter you need to:
    1. Use your AIB Debit Card to make a purchase, and
    2. Make a debit transaction using AIB Phone & Internet Banking e.g. pay a bill or top up your mobile"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Move to AIB, and get free banking, only thing i ever pay for is unpaid direct debits.

Don't have any affinity with them just don't want to give any bank a cent! If they start charging I'll move everything to the credit union.

"You'll need to have an AIB Current Account, be registered for AIB Phone & Internet Banking and you'll need an AIB Debit Card.

To enjoy a way to bank free of maintenance and transaction fees, each fee quarter you need to:
    1. Use your AIB Debit Card to make a purchase, and
    2. Make a debit transaction using AIB Phone & Internet Banking e.g. pay a bill or top up your mobile"
    people don,t realise how much of a favour there doin aib by setting up this as if ya use it regular your saving them millions in having to move cash by securicor every year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

people don,t realise how much of a favour there doin aib by setting up this as if ya use it regular your saving them millions in having to move cash by securicor every year!!!

i dont think THEY realise how much of a favour they're doing me, AIB's online banking is one of the most time saving, easy to use pieces of genius i have ever encountered.
    and no i dont work for em!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

O Riain wrote: »
    i dont think THEY realise how much of a favour they're doing me, AIB's online banking is one of the most time saving, easy to use pieces of genius i have ever encountered.

Gotta agree, whatever line of business it's only **** who start causing **** and kicking doors or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Obviously not free anymore, as I was charged a €5 stamp duty today on my Laser Card! Dont remember being charged that before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It is absolutely brilliant but I wouldn't pay for it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

blue-army wrote: »
    Obviously not free anymore, as I was charged a €5 stamp duty today on my Laser Card! Dont remember being charged that before?

Stamp duty has always been around on laser cards. Infact I'm pretty sure it used to be alot more, and what with it being stamp duty you should know that it's not a bank charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Deadly!! i love it when someone looses the plot and trys to stick it to the man! haha

we need a good "falling down" story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He was probably screaming about the AIB's stupidity for sticking with that useless Laser card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    He was probably screaming about the AIB's stupidity for sticking with that useless Laser card.

What's wrong with Laser? the new visa debit card is fairly handy alright though.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Laser?

It is pretty useless if you want to buy items online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Maybe he's been reading about all these popular uprisings in Egypt, Yemen etc. and wanted to kick-start one in Waterford :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

No income tax, no VAT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Dan133269 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Laser? the new visa debit card is fairly handy alright though.

Did you get one of these? I didn't know they were available yet..

Who do you bank with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Who do you bank with?

I got a visa debit card off tsb last year,they are replacing the laser card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

A probally justified irate customer, So what was the cops business with it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Not saying the customer was right but I can guarantee the Guards weren't called as quick to investigate other elements of the banking system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

STIG83 wrote: »

If he had a bed to get out of..

AIB internet banking is the business, I pay all bills using it, just stick in a few euro each week so when the bills arrive they are either paid or nearly paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

O Riain wrote: »

I get the same service with BoI and I don't work for them either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Good on the individual in question for speaking his mind. The puppets who
    work behind the counter in banks are rude & condesending. They know nothing of the concept of "customer service".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

Who do you bank with?

Ulster Bank.
    work behind the counter in banks are rude & condesending. They know nothing of the concept of "customer service".

Let me guess, Bank of Ireland?

My guess is that they are rude and condescending to arrogant customers who know all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I went in the the AIB bank on the quay once. I wanted them to correct a spelling mistake they made with my bank card (wrong middle initial).

The woman at customer services actually rolled her eyes at me while getting the required form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

many moons ago when I was a student - the gave me a completely different surname and when I went into the branch to change it, the teller simple said "Ah, sure it will do"

needless to say I closed my account there and then and haven't looked back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It is pretty useless if you want to buy items online.

here, here... I can't stand trying to buy stuff online with a Laser card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I got a visa debit card off tsb last year,they are replacing the laser card.

Is there any stamp duty payable on the visa debit card?

Also, does anyone know if/when AIB are replacing laser cards???

Advertisement