Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloke lost it i'n the bank today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Also, does anyone know if/when AIB are replacing laser cards???

afaik, AIB replace your Laser with the Visa Debit when your Laser expires

Actually, used to work for AIB in a couple of their Dublin branches. People 'losing it' was a pretty regular occurence, and this was during the boom when most had more money than sense.

Customers having melt downs was so common, you'd almost be able to tell it was coming before it happened...

'Computer says No' - cough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Is there any stamp duty payable on the visa debit card?

Also, does anyone know if/when AIB are replacing laser cards???

Yeah €5 it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

My laser card expired last month so they sent out another one(laser card) not a debit, It's crazy that they dont do a visa/master debit card.

However i did manage to get 1 at a payzone money agent, 6 euro for the debit mastercard does the trick for buying online, shoping, eating out, withdraw from atm's, etc,

www.payzonemoney.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

cbmonstra wrote: »
    afaik, AIB replace your Laser with the Visa Debit when your Laser expires

Actually, used to work for AIB in a couple of their Dublin branches. People 'losing it' was a pretty regular occurence, and this was during the boom when most had more money than sense.

Customers having melt downs was so common, you'd almost be able to tell it was coming before it happened...

'Computer says No' - cough :D

On the banking and ins forum, the word is there are no iminant plans for AIB to do visa debit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056162617

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

homolumo wrote: »
    Not saying the customer was right but I can guarantee the Guards weren't called as quick to investigate other elements of the banking system.

Cheer's,was gonna post the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

satpaul wrote: »
    My laser card expired last month so they sent out another one(laser card) not a debit, It's crazy that they dont do a visa/master debit card.

However i did manage to get 1 at a payzone money agent, 6 euro for the debit mastercard does the trick for buying online, shoping, eating out, withdraw from atm's, etc,

www.payzonemoney.ie

TSB do visa debit

Advertisement