Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Richard Keys gonski

• 26-01-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just said on Sky News.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

BOOM :D

Both gone. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Jeez, some fallout from their little conversation!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Had to go after that performance on radio today. He came across as a guy who locked his wife in the kitchen for 20 hours a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

How do I apply? I do that job for 1/4 of their salary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jamie next please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Does anyone else feel like we're witnessing an event that will go down in history?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

ffs this is just retarded at this stage, losing your job for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mars bar wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like we're witnessing an event that will go down in history?!

Aye, the day political correctness went mad.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

SantryRed wrote: »
    BOOM :D

Both gone. Delighted.

Why you so happy ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Had to go after that performance on radio today. He came across as a guy who locked his wife in the kitchen for 20 hours a day.

Interview here if anyone missed it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/blog/2011-01-26/listen-richard-keys-discussing-massey-brady-and-sexism-exclusively-talksport

Takes a lil while to load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

s8n wrote: »
    Why you so happy ?

The ends justifies the means.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

wimmin - 1

Men - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Rubbish Presenter, Silly views, Fúck off!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I listened to it on the Graniaud's site expecting their "amazing remarkable" sub heading leading to it being interesting. That's not how it came across to me.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Delighted. Richard Keys is a creep.

Its not political correctness gone mad. Those guys had one of the best, most cushy jobs in the world. They got paid extremely well to watch and talk about football. Something all of us do for free! Is it too much to ask for them to keep their creepy sexist opinions to themselves while in the studio ? I dont really care if women were offended by what they said - its not about that. Its about being professional.

They were the faces of Sky Sports and totally deserved to lose their jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Photo of him leaving Sky Sports HQ..

bigfoot.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tusky wrote: »

Its not political correctness gone mad. Those guys had one of the best, most cushy jobs in the world. They got paid extremely well to watch and talk about football. Is it too much to ask for them to keep their creepy sexist opinions to themselves while in the studio ? I dont really care if women were offended by what they said - its not about that. Its about being professional.

The person that was unprofessional is the person that leaked all this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

eagle eye wrote: »

I say f**king fair play to the person who leaked all this stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Not pushed, he jumped !

Tusky wrote: »

Its not political correctness gone mad. Those guys had one of the best, most cushy jobs in the world. They got paid extremely well to watch and talk about football. Is it too much to ask for them to keep their creepy sexist opinions to themselves while in the studio ? I dont really care if women were offended by what they said - its not about that. Its about being professional.

A rap on the knuckles would have been fine tbh. I dislike both of them normally, but I think they've been dealt with overly harshly here. What they said was fairly minor stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

True. But they were mic'd up when they said it. And its not the first time. They should have known better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So happy. Tears of joy and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

This was always going to happen. Here is the talksport interview.
    http://threeandin.com/2011/01/26/richard-keys-talksport-interview/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Not nearly as unprofessional as Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

Might be unprofessional to leak that information but if it shows how bad they really are then the ends justify the means.

You never know who leaked the footage, could be someone who was sick to the teeth of their behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If only those pesky kids has kept quiet about the priests too.

Opr

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mars bar wrote: »

Sky's hyperbole won't change. It'll be different peddlers, so from a "watch the Super Sunday hatrick Grand Slam game between Hull and Grimsby" football point of view, nothing has changed..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Think the whole thing is a good example of the difference between the UK and Ireland, if you are in a high profile position over there, whether it be a footy pundit or politician-
    you **** up you get thrown out or are hounded out. Over here on the other hand you can **** up the whole country, go on the radio drunk as PM and still not get turfed out on your ear.

PS I would love to hear some of the off air conversations of Dunphy, Giles and Billo!

opr wrote: »

Opr

Ugh what a stupid stupid analogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

dfx- wrote: »
    I listened to it on the Graniaud's site expecting their "amazing remarkable" sub heading leading to it being interesting. That's not how it came across to me.:confused:

He stopped just short of referring to himself in the third person. I was waiting for him to say "Keys and Gray did nothing wrong here; we are untouchable". Every apology he gave ended with 'but'. He then went on to claim to have helped launched the careers of the likes of Kelly Daglish among others. He managed to blame everything bar himself in the whole thing - it was a disaster for him to go on there.

And having read about Andy Gray and how he comes across, he's no loss either. He's known for regularly telling journo's and others with an opinion on the game that "you've never played the game" as a means for justifying how right he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

sky obviously wanted them both out, hence the leaks of all the stuff lately. im sure this has been planned for a while and they were just waiting for the right time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Opr

Ah Jesus that's a bit over the top to compare priests raping kids to lads making sexist comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I Love Sian Massey. Andy Gray annoyed the hell out of me and Richard Keys was just as bland as fook. They have lost their jobs for being arrogant. Totally harsh but I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not nearly as unprofessional as Andy Gray and Richard Keys.

Might be unprofessional to leak that information but if it shows how bad they really are then the ends justify the means.

You never know who leaked the footage, could be someone who was sick to the teeth of their behaviour.
    gwan514l.jpg

Redknapp next please !!!!!

Helix wrote: »
    sky obviously wanted them both out, hence the leaks of all the stuff lately. im sure this has been planned for a while and they were just waiting for the right time

Conspiracy forum
    > that way!

• Advertisement

Conspiracy forum
    > that way!

sure gray is suing the news of the world, who are owned by rupert murdoch too

that cant have gone down well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yes much like the same for Julian Assange too?

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah Jesus that's a bit over the top to compare priests raping kids to lads making sexist comments

I wasn't comparing them but trying to blame the person leaking this stuff for these pair of slimeballs getting the bullet is ridiculous.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Good riddance. Now Jamie Redknapp to go next.

id say the birds on Loose Women are having a good chuckle in the kitchen about this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Think it will be great to have new figureheads for the football coverage, quite asides from however you feel about their dismissals. Format had gone a bit stale IMO and it will be great to see it shaken up. I won't shed any tears for these pundits who have been paid too much for too long...

I wasn't comparing them but trying to blame the person leaking this stuff for these pair of slimeballs getting the bullet is ridiculous.

Opr

What were you trying to do then?

people care too much about pundits anyway

ive said it before and ill say it again, if you need someone to tell you about the match youve just watched then what the hell are you watching football for in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gray and Keys had become complacent bullies in their workplace, the Guardian has a story in todays paper (and online), it looks like this has been coming for quite some years but no-one in the female staff was willing to risk the fall out until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

id say the birds on Loose Women are having a good chuckle in the kitchen about this...

That's very sexist to say a womens place is in the kitchen sure how would the rest of the house get cleaned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Richard Keys - Man Bear Pig. Actually Man Bear Sexist Pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I say fair****s to whoever leaked this stuff. By all accounts these two were bullies taking advantage of their position at Sky Sports. These two were pillars of Sky Sports, there from day one and evidently thought they ran the show with impunity. Stepped on a lot of toes and got away with it for years. Shame it took such publicity for Sky to take action but better that than nothing.

Plus, they were stale as shiit anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sure thing, brighty.

flahavaj wrote: »
    What were you trying to do then?

I was trying to imply that I think Gray and Keys might also fiddle kids. FFS its not that hard work it out.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

So these guys got the bullet for a conversation between a few lads off air, probably not a lot different to one that was going on with the many punters that were watching the game.

Im sorry but thats wrong.

Does anybody know what opr is talking about ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement