Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front page of The Munster Express

• 26-01-2011 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

A boy the Tawdy :D

25k7gw9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

wellboy76 wrote: »
    ????

????,you not know Tawdy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

????,you not know Tawdy?

Tawdy is my mate boy, pic wasnt coming up

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Tawdy is my mate boy, pic wasnt coming up

Ah no bother,i just think its a very good picture of the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Having not seen the munster yet and know nothing of the man that Pic looks like he lives in a fireplace store :)

• Advertisement

^ Tawdy is a local legend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Tawdy for Taoiseach. You know it makes sense!

kensutz wrote: »
    Tawdy for Taoiseach. You know it makes sense!

Well he has my vote for Mayor!

88934831.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I saw this on the Munster, who is this guy though?

STIG83 wrote: »
    I saw this on the Munster, who is this guy though?

You dont know Tawdy :confused:,Are you from Waterford?

• Advertisement

^Yes im from Waterford

Well Tawdy is from Castle street originally,but at present he is living on the Tramore road,if your ever out that way you might see him wearing a yellow viz jacket.He is somewhat of a local celebrity around Waterford and is know by many many people,and a very nice man he is too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Anyone who drives in and out to Waterford from Tramore would see him pretty well every day, rain or shine. Here and there in the side of the road are random old chairs, plastic, deck chairs, whatever, where Tawdy sits with a can or two and watches the world go by.

The hedgerow is decorated with seasonal decorations, green, white and orange for Patrick's day, tinsel for Christmas, whatever comes to hand.

Usually he wears hi-viz, though today he was all dressed in black, so I hope he went back to the bright yellow before the evening got dark. An institution and a legend!

Well Tawdy is from Castle street originally,but at present he is living on the Tramore road,if your ever out that way you might see him wearing a yellow viz jacket.He is somewhat of a local celebrity around Waterford and is know by many many people,and a very nice man he is too.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

No bother,but "looksee" explained it a lot better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

for someone not to know tawdy morrissey must live a very sheltered life, and as for that poster asking does tawdy live in a fireplace shop in a way he actually does as it was the owner of steinberg fireplaces that gave tawdy the present of a roof over his head by buying a portacabin for him to live in beside steinberg on the tramore road across from the halfway house, this man will go down in the legends of waterford alongside shammy who was also well known around waterford and may he rest in peace poor shammy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

how do people not know of tawdy morrisey? i suppose ya dont know what a blaa is either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

for someone not to know tawdy morrissey must live a very sheltered life, and as for that poster asking does tawdy live in a fireplace shop in a way he actually does as it was the owner of steinberg fireplaces that gave tawdy the present of a roof over his head by buying a portacabin for him to live in beside steinberg on the tramore road across from the halfway house, this man will go down in the legends of waterford alongside shammy who was also well known around waterford and may he rest in peace poor shammy

What about Howdo ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Not everyone lives in the City or Tramore. Vast majority of people from Bonmahon/Kilmactomas/Kill/Stradbally area would remember poor old Michael V(even a thread about him on here IIRC) but I doubt many from the city would.

O Riain wrote: »
    how do people not know of tawdy morrisey? i suppose ya dont know what a blaa is either
    I lives in Kilmac, and so what if i never heard of Tawdy Morrisey? and i do what a blaa is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

How was Shammy a legend? Just wondering is all, i remember him just being a drunk.

Tawdy and Howdo are legends as even though they're a bit 'touched' they're really nice lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I lives in Kilmac, and so what if i never heard of Tawdy Morrisey? and i do what a blaa is!!

sorry i thought u were a city dweller :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Whatever happened to the old man who used to wander around Ferrybank with a tea pot? Haven't seen him for a long time. He used to talk to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I reckon if we made a reality tv show with Tawdy it'd be a success. He could come into contact with Howdo every now and again. We could even try and track down Elvis although I think that chap might have died. Maybe Monica would like to show her wares in the hope of catching her big break.

I'm sure it'd be a lot more entertaining than the majority of stuff on E!.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DeiseX

Whatever happened to the old man who used to wander around Ferrybank with a tea pot? Haven't seen him for a long time. He used to talk to himself.

Peter was his name. Poor fella died there about 3 or so years ago. His kettle lays beside his tombstone in the graveyard in Ferrybank. Harmless soul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

DeiseX wrote: »
    Peter was his name. Poor fella died there about 3 or so years ago. His kettle lays beside his tombstone in the graveyard in Ferrybank. Harmless soul!

Thanks. I'm very sorry to hear that. He seemed like a decent auld divil that had a few things going on in his head. The shop in Ferrybank treated him very well and often saw them giving him tea and sandwiches for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DeiseX

Thanks. I'm very sorry to hear that. He seemed like a decent auld divil that had a few things going on in his head. The shop in Ferrybank treated him very well and often saw them giving him tea and sandwiches for nothing.

Yep, in fairness all the local shops and chipper looked after him well. He also used to call to my friend's mother's house each morning for some breakfast too. He'd be happy to sit outside her front door to eat it. He would never want to come into the house. A few of the girls from one of the local shops did the readings at his funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There's something really nice about that little story. People who are homeless or winos are often overlooked or seen as something to be wary of but a lot of them are decent chaps who got a bad run of things. Fair play to those people in Ferrybank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

I know Tawdy well. Last summer I was getting on the bus to Tramore and there he was chatting away to the bus driver. I noticed he was carrying some brochures that you get in the travel agents so I asked him what he was doing with those. His reply, "I'm going on holidays you sir".

Another time he was up in court for being drunk and disorderly. The judge asked him if he was going to mend his ways, Tawdy replied that he was with the help of anti drink tablets.

Absolute legend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

Gotta luv ghoulers:D

Advertisement