Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front page of The Munster Express

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

nkay1985 wrote: »
    There's something really nice about that little story. People who are homeless or winos are often overlooked or seen as something to be wary of but a lot of them are decent chaps who got a bad run of things. Fair play to those people in Ferrybank.

The nuns in Ferrybank allowed him sleep someplace warm out the back of the convent. They also fed him

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

. We could even try and track down Elvis although I think that chap might have died.

If you said that to anyone outside of Waterford, they would think your were Mental! :P

Is 'How Do' the guy who sits outside John Palmers at the back of Shaw's ?, Ive always known him as 'My Town', he seems to be able to smell if your from Waterford or not. If you say hello to him you get one of 2 responses,

If your from Waterford: "How do"
    If your not from Waterford: "ITS MY ****IN TOWN!"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Whatever did happen to Elvis???Used to do requests outside preachers on weekend nights..some laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

J0hnick wrote: »
    If you said that to anyone outside of Waterford, they would think your were Mental! :P

Is 'How Do' the guy who sits outside John Palmers at the back of Shaw's ?, Ive always known him as 'My Town', he seems to be able to smell if your from Waterford or not. If you say hello to him you get one of 2 responses,

;)

This is the famous How do :D

Whatever did happen to Elvis???Used to do requests outside preachers on weekend nights..some laugh

Jesus you just brought back a load of memories now!,i forgot all about that fella,good times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Great front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

This is the famous How do :D

I was just gonna post that lol

There's a few videos up there. He seems to be a bit of a celebrity online :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

J0hnick wrote: »

;)

Nope thats Skins.Well thats what we always called him anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

We call him "My Town".
    Was in Subway one day and he was chatting up every woman that was passing. Great Stuff! Next thing, a little girl passes, so he stays quite and is respectful. Little girl walks over, the two of them talking and it turns out it's the little girls birthday. So "My Town" sung her happy birthday.
    He's a right character that fella.

Although, How Do is the greatest by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Back in the '90s there was a guy living in a small self-built hut beside the Billberry Road. Anyone here know what happened to him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Boooourns wrote: »
    How was Shammy a legend? Just wondering is all, i remember him just being a drunk.

Tawdy and Howdo are legends as even though they're a bit 'touched' they're really nice lads.
    how do and tawdy aint drunks no!!??? ya have to admit shammy was a funny fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

andy mcCarthy aka elvis died a few years back i know his family very well as they are from tramore went to school with his son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

His name is Peter, he's an odd one as he can get nasty with people but most of the time he's grand. He's really quiet when he's sober.
    how do and tawdy aint drunks no!!??? ya have to admit shammy was a funny fecker

My mistake i got Shammy mixed up with Muckel (anyone remember him) who used to be drunk on the smell of a can. He was a pest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Boooourns wrote: »
    His name is Peter, he's an odd one as he can get nasty with people but most of the time he's grand. He's really quiet when he's sober.

My mistake i got Shammy mixed up with Muckel (anyone remember him) who used to be drunk on the smell of a can. He was a pest.

Ye his buddy still goes around now younger lad to him cant think of his nickname of me head now , allways on barrack st ...:confused:

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye his buddy still goes around now younger lad to him cant think of his nickname of me head now , allways on barrack st ...:confused:

The Indian looking lad called Davey?

Or the tall lad who always has a dirty jumper on him?

Or Sonny?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

I met Tawdy a few weeks back in Dunphy's shop, he told me he was going to make a stew that day.. A stew I said.. yeah he said he hadn't one for about 5 years...really I said.. yeah said he, the last time I made one it burnt the arse out of the barrel..

Needless to say everyone in the shop was in stiches..:D

jo06555 wrote: »

That was 3 dog keating :)

Did anyone see the DVD the christian brothers down Lady Lane made about Tawdy?,terrible stuff it was,I know i have a copy of it somewhere ill try find it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I reckon if we made a reality tv show with Tawdy it'd be a success. He could come into contact with Howdo every now and again. We could even try and track down Elvis although I think that chap might have died. Maybe Monica would like to show her wares in the hope of catching her big break.

I'm sure it'd be a lot more entertaining than the majority of stuff on E!.

I remember hearing Monica died too, apparently she moved to Cork and was badly beaten, may just have been a rumor at the same time.

I remember hearing Monica died too, apparently she moved to Cork and was badly beaten, may just have been a rumor at the same time.

Ah poor auld Monica i heard she died too,she was always good for a smile down the quay :)

• Advertisement

I heard she got a beaten off the local Cork ladies of the night over working there patch, didn't hear she died though...Pity if they killed her as she was a bit touched I'd say.. Richie would be better qualified to tell as its well know he was going out with her :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ah poor auld Monica i heard she died too,she was always good for a smile down the quay :)

And good for a few other things down the end of the quay. :P

Funfair wrote: »
    I heard she got a beaten off the local Cork ladies of the night over working there patch, didn't hear she died though...Pity if they killed her as she was a bit touched I'd say.. Richie would be better qualified to tell as its well know he was going out with her :D

She was the one that got away, unfortunately ;)

The Indian looking lad called Davey?

Or the tall lad who always has a dirty jumper on him?

Or Sonny?

Not davy no , he is tall lad in his late 30s id say was in court while back ye allways see him with a can one arm in his jacket other arm swinging , not sonny know him too
    Funfair wrote: »
    That was 3 dog keating :)

]

No not him either :D is muckel dead ye cause its name like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SeanDoe

Nolanger wrote: »
    Back in the '90s there was a guy living in a small self-built hut beside the Billberry Road. Anyone here know what happened to him?
    A owl joe kervik,he was a class act,he build that hut after his caravan was burnt out & his wife through him out of their house.The corpo came buy one day when he was out & demolished the hut it on him,havent seen him in a long time,sound man who just thought a little different from society.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Text to go with the photo in the OP:
    Relaxing and taking his ease by a magnificent Steineberg Fireplace at the company’s Coolgower showrooms on the Tramore Road is well known personality and former Knight of the Road, Mr Thomas ‘Tawdy’ Morrissey. Originally from Castle Street in the city, Tawdy has been a familiar figure in the city for several generations and readers will be pleased to see him looking so well. Among Tawdy’s friends are the Power family who own Steineberg Fireplaces, singer Brendan Bowyer (a boyhood acquaintance) and film stars Ursula Andress and the late George Peppard whom he met when he was an extra in their film The Blue Max that was shot on location in County Wicklow.
    http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/nil-aon-tintean-mar-thintean-tawdy/

Twady was friends with yer man from the A-team :D

He was an extra in this film,anybody see him in it?

Twady was friends with yer man from the A-team :D

He was an extra in this film,anybody see him in it?

Think that's him on the left with the white coat (under the bridge pillars) at 0.35 on the video :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

SeanDoe wrote: »
    A owl joe kervik,he was a class act,he build that hut after his caravan was burnt out & his wife through him out of their house.The corpo came buy one day when he was out & demolished the hut it on him,havent seen him in a long time,sound man who just thought a little different from society.:cool:
    That's him. Was supposed to come from a wealthy Waterford family?

Advertisement