Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what mobile phone package are u on?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Sorry, don't know where this fits. Am considering switching providers and interested to know what deals people have? I know i prob pay too much: basic Eur30.mth with 175 free mins and 100 free texts but no unlimited call-to-call. I hear meteor and 3 have great deals but are they good overall for coverage? All very fine paying less for package but having crap coverage.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

I'm on Vodafone Simply. 30 day contract, d-debit payment, free calls and texts to other vodafone numbers, 100 mins and 100 texts to other networks. I can run a small business and rarely go over. You can also send 600 web texts a month from the Vodafone website.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

fabricator wrote: »
    I'm on Vodafone Simply. 30 day contract, d-debit payment, free calls and texts to other vodafone numbers, 100 mins and 100 texts to other networks. I can run a small business and rarely go over. You can also send 600 web texts a month from the Vodafone website.

yep, that's what I reckon I'm missing, is free O2 to 02 calls and texts. Sounds good, Thanks!

are there any good deals for Iphone especially on switching?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

on 3 you could have the iPhone 4 for E169 (or the 3G for 9 euro) with 350 flexi units (this equates to 200 minutes and 300 texts for example) plus 2GB data, free 3 to 3 (meh) and one added extra of your choice, one of which is unlimited landline calls - E40 a month

i wish i could justify a bill pay phone... :(

Adam wrote: »
    on 3 you could have the iPhone 4 for E169 (or the 3G for 9 euro) with 350 flexi units (this equates to 200 minutes and 300 texts for example) plus 2GB data, free 3 to 3 (meh) and one added extra of your choice, one of which is unlimited landline calls - E40 a month

i wish i could justify a bill pay phone... :(

Now that sounds VERY good! But how good are 3? I don't know anybody on 3 network (so agree with meh to free 3-3 calls!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 torres123

unlimited calls and texts to 02 network with 02 for 40 euro per month with my i phone. could get the same deal for 20per month but would have to sacrifice the i phone. i also have a credit phone with vodafone top up by 20 per month and have unlimited calls and texts to vodafone

torres123 wrote: »
    unlimited calls and texts to 02 network with 02 for 40 euro per month with my i phone. could get the same deal for 20per month but would have to sacrifice the i phone. i also have a credit phone with vodafone top up by 20 per month and have unlimited calls and texts to vodafone

Wow! definitely paying too mkuch to o2 at 30/month billpay and no unlimited units. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I would advise you to stay away from Voda and O2. Their prices and plans do not in any way match the offerings of Meteor or 3. on Meteor you can go on any of the Connect plans. The 18 month contracts are best value. Then go on to http://www.hss.groupscheme.com/ and download the voucher from Meteor there. That will give you a further 25% of your monthly tarriff. Good luck with your choices.

How do they compare with coverage etc? Are they good? Most peeps I know seem to be with vodaphone/o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I'm with best of both from three (or think they may have changed the name now) €25 per month :i get unlimited texts to any irish numbers, 3000 mins to any 3 numbers, and 200 flexi units - can be used ring any irish number (or uk mobile! - don't know how the uk mobiles get included but its very hanfy for me as my gf lives in belfast), or for 200 mb of data or any combo. NOt much data i admit, but i don't use the phone for the internet that much. You also get free skype calls (your not charged for that data on this).

IT is also the only way to get free roaming in the uk, you can use ur phone just as if you were at home - free texts, mins, free skype etc. The only way to do this as far as i know with any network! (its doesnt work on prepay or billpay, just best of both!)

SO this tarrif is especially a bonus if, like me, your in the north or any other part of uk quite a bit.

I find the coverage to be good. I live in a remote area and its better than o2 ,vodafone or meteor is at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

IT is also the only way to get free roaming in the uk, you can use ur phone just as if you were at home - free texts, mins, free skype etc. The only way to do this as far as i know with any network! (its doesnt work on prepay or billpay, just best of both!)

SO this tarrif is especially a bonus if, like me, your in the north or any other part of uk quite a bit.

I find the coverage to be good. I live in a remote area and its better than o2 ,vodafone or meteor is at home.

Thanks for that. On the basis of it I sent them an email asking for details of the deals. Imagine my surpsrise when I got a call while roaming in France!! It was good to get it there as I was looking for a better deal than the O2 rubbish I have, especially for roaming.

I discovered, after a lot of questioning, that deals such as yours for roaming are VERY limited - they only cover about 6 countries, such as UK, Oz and Demark, but nothing in France...In fact their chanrges for calls, texts, etc., received or sent in France, for example, are higher than O2....

So, I didn't bother, and she wasn't all that interested in selling me anything!!

The roaming stuff for mobiles is crap. They must be making a fortune, especially if you use a smart phone for internet access. I paid O2 over 30€ for a few secs, 10.7 Mb in total, usage around Christmas while trying to find out if the plane had left Dublin.

Anybody any advice on lowering roaming costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddles wrote: »
    How do they compare with coverage etc? Are they good? Most peeps I know seem to be with vodaphone/o2

Meteor's coverage is as good as any of the others in my experience. Their blurb claims 99% coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

I would advise you to stay away from Voda and O2. Their prices and plans do not in any way match the offerings of Meteor or 3. on Meteor you can go on any of the Connect plans. The 18 month contracts are best value. Then go on to http://www.hss.groupscheme.com/ and download the voucher from Meteor there. That will give you a further 25% of your monthly tarriff. Good luck with your choices.

Agree 100% with this

Did a lot of resarch on this for Christmas, & on PAYG Three's offer (Threepay)appears to be the best.

Before switching, I read a lot of negative stories online about 3's network, service etc, but have not experienced any of these to date. They even allow you to top up online now (welcome to the 21st century Three!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

emobile 44 euro 30 day rolling contract 300 mins to any network 300 text to any net and 2 gb download limit

Edit : oh and free unlimited landline calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

3 is fine outdoors but I lose signal often when inside buildings especially for 3G. I have to go outside half the time in my house to get a signal. Watch out for hidden costs such as voiemail I think is 17c a min and if you go over your package prices are crazy. Also roaming in the UK takes 3 months to activate. I didnt know this and got home with a €170 bill to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/index.htm?section=flexifixPlanInfo#phonePlanInfo

The missus is on the flexi fix 25 and never needs to topup I think it's the best deal out there.

We have had no coverage issues since porting from o2 3 months ago.

Advertisement