Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red bricks on front of house

• 26-01-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Anyone any recommendations for a company to do restoration work on my parents terraced house, the front is red bricks and they are in need of a good cleaning plus some of the bricks burst out and cracked with the last cold spell....

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

You are dealing with lime mortars etc. I will put an ad on the Building Limes Forum of Ireland for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

it might not be lime mortar just ordinary mortar. once the rain gets into a brick it freezes expands and blows the face of the brick off. bricks will have to be cut out and replaced. i seen sand blasting companys advertise that they sandblast brick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I seen a workman patching red bricks with a red mortar, obviously he got a red dye/power of some sorts to mix in his mortar...

Advertisement