Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 foot long T5,s for an Aquariam??

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Does the electrical whole salers sell 4 feet long T5 light tubes??

I need to get 2 of them for my Aquariam and want to see if the leccy wholesalers stock them and if they are cheaper on price than the per shops.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Yes they stock them. Does the aquarium require a normal T5? I think some fish require a special sort of light.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

cast_iron wrote: »
    Yes they stock them. Does the aquarium require a normal T5? I think some fish require a special sort of light.

I normal T5 tube and a UV T5 tube too.Its kinda like a neon blue colour.;)

Its to give good light to the fish (as you say yourself) and its also to help and promote plant growth in the tank too.

Its a 500 litre tank,and the pet shop gave us the wrong size T5 light tubes,so Im looking around for the propper 4 foot ones to suit the 500 liotre tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

you need to pull the wattage off the ballast or the lamp itself.
    afaik.....28 watt and 54 watt are both the same size and need their respective ballasts to work. so if you put a 28 watt lamp into a fitting that has a 54 watt ballast, it will fit but wont work and visa versa.

also if you want a high colour rendering go for colour 840, if you want something more along the lines of incandesant light go for the warmer colour 830.

you need to pull the wattage off the ballast or the lamp itself.
    afaik.....28 watt and 54 watt are both the same size and need their respective ballasts to work. so if you put a 28 watt lamp into a fitting that has a 54 watt ballast, it will fit but wont work and visa versa.

also if you want a high colour rendering go for colour 840, if you want something more along the lines of incandesant light go for the warmer colour 830.

Thanks,I will take a pic of the ballast pack and the lights and post it here,so you can see.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'm surprised there's no photo attached already Paddy!

• Advertisement

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's no photo attached already Paddy!

Well,if you want photos,then I can post them.

Advertisement