Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT and dog guard?

• 26-01-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone put their car thru the nct and left the dog guard in? It's a wire/mesh one that attaches to the headrests - not the kind with bars that go between the floor ceiling? The bloody thing took ages to put in lol so i don't want to take it off if I don't have to!! :pac::p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I always take mine out because my local NCT center will fail you on the smallest thing and I think they've to be able to have easy access to the inside of the rear lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My mechanic always tells me to take mine out so I err on the side of caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys I'll take off so to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Yes take it out. The NCT will more than likely fail the car. Save yourself some money on having to go back or a retest.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luvdogs

hi, my car hads its NCT last week...i have a ford estate. i have a built in cage in the back of it...it passed no prob :)

• Advertisement

It's actuallly much easier to remove/put back on than I first thought lol so I'll take it off to be safe. I got it off and back on no probs to transport the new washing machine :D It's this one from Halfords - pricey but I paid for it with vouchers (and wanted one without bars between the floor and ceiling) :)http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_377107_langId_-1_categoryId_212541

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭luvdogs

ohh i like that...mines welded in lol..i also have a tailgate grid as well. such a relief when it passed :eek::P

We're just back from our first trip using it - so glad I got it now! A bit of confusion and cries at first lol "Master why am I back here!?" :pac: but he soon got used to it :D

145625.JPG

Advertisement