Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip Psychology

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Does anyone have any information on HDip Psychology courses? I am a Business graduate and looking to do a conversation course in Psychology. If anyone is aware of any in the UK or has completed or is currently studying in Ireland I would love any info you may have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 psych student

Hi, I completed the the HDip Psych in UCD in 2007 and I'm now doing a Masters in Educational Psychology. I found the course to be very intense but well taught and it gave me a good grounding in Psychology. You basically go into 2nd year of the undergraduate degree and it is taught and pretty much full-time. My background was teaching but there were two commerce/business graduates in my class as well. One of the girls has gone on to do a Maters in Organisational Psychology and now works in industry. While the other girl has changed direction altogether and was wants to do Clinical Psychology.

I know the Open University do a similar degree which would be part-time and it takes more than 2 years. Trinity & UCC also offer the HDip Psych. I would advise however, to have a plan for after the HDip as this would only be your initial entry into psychology. To have any kind of career in the field you would definitely need to complete a professional Masters/Doctorate/PhD.

Hope thats of some help!

Advertisement