Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can you buy secondhand power leads for laptops in cork city

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all
    Where in cork can you buy secondhand power leads for laptops,the one i need is for a HP laptop,its about 7mm diameter with a black plastic ring on the end of the fitting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i know you have to be very specific in the voltage you need. i ended up buying mine in maplin in blackpool but my brother went on line last week for his , cost him € 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hi all
    Where in cork can you buy secondhand power leads for laptops,the one i need is for a HP laptop,its about 7mm diameter with a black plastic ring on the end of the fitting.

Crazy lads - my sony one went and the official one was about 90 euro. Via Ebay (reputable buyer with 100% feedback), got a generic one for 15 euro including postage. Working like a charm. Get the model number off your lead and search for it on Ebay. Only go with a reputable buyer from either Ireland or (more likely) the UK. Do not go via China, Hong Kong or any other country!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

Hi all

I got one from kevinbarry60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

My girlfriends went bang as well. PC world said it'd be about €80. Got it on Amazon for under half that. Definitely try and get it online if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

I got one on ebay for an acer laptop for €15 about a year ago - still works perfectly. From a seller in china

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

when my dell one went i bought a replacement in soundstore for about €50

just bring the old one with you and they should be able to find a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

This guy in Douglas should able to sort ye out

http://www.adverts.ie/member/337632

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

any times i've need one I get them from this place, http://www.justlaptops.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

When I was living in Carrigtwohill my lead went for a HP laptop I had - went to the computer shop in Middleton and got a generic one for 20 - just brought the machine with me and he knew the one I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Don't buy from Maplin, daylight robbery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

dave1982 wrote: »
    This guy in Douglas should able to sort ye out

http://www.adverts.ie/member/337632

thanks a million , i rang him and he sorted me out for a charger and a memory upgrade on my sons laptop, great price/ great service, i would highly recomend him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

thanks a million , i rang him and he sorted me out for a charger and a memory upgrade on my sons laptop, great price/ great service, i would highly recomend him

no problem thanks,yeah he offers great service.I have no problem recommending as i know service would be good

Advertisement