Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security camera for a public laneway??

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

A mate of mine has a house with a back garden that backs out onto a public/corporation owned laneway.

Now in the last year or so,this laneway has become a spot for illegal fly tipping and dumping of household rubbish and there are now rats in the lane,thanks to the illegal dumpings.Corporation come once in a blue moon to clean up the laneway,but a few days later,its a dumping ground again.
    Now my mate is well and truely pi55ed off with this carry on,as he also has 2 young kids aswell,and he is now afraid to let play in the back garden due to the rats roaming around.

Whats the best way to go about getting a securtiy camera put up to moniter this laneway and who would my mate have to go to to get it done??

Does anyone have any experience of a matter such as this?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean who to lobby to get it done or does he want to install one outside his gate.
    For the first option annoy his local TD, he will be seeing a lot of them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Paddy,
    It is up to the county council to install a security camera to stop this. They have a few companys who do this for them. They use it as evidence of illegal dumping in areas like this. The best advice is get him to get on to them about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanks to both of you.:)

He wont let his kids out into the back garden to play around,since he saw the rats in the laneway outside his back garden gate.

Cant say I blame him.

So track down the TD or counciler for his area and then get onto the county council and press the matter with them,yeah??

I,ll pass on both your advice to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Cant blame him either, it is a disgrace how they have not done any thing if they know its going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

paddy147 wrote: »
    A mate of mine has a house with a back garden that backs out onto a public/corporation owned laneway.

Now in the last year or so,this laneway has become a spot for illegal fly tipping and dumping of household rubbish and there are now rats in the lane,thanks to the illegal dumpings.Corporation come once in a blue moon to clean up the laneway,but a few days later,its a dumping ground again.
    Now my mate is well and truely pi55ed off with this carry on,as he also has 2 young kids aswell,and he is now afraid to let play in the back garden due to the rats roaming around.

Whats the best way to go about getting a securtiy camera put up to moniter this laneway and who would my mate have to go to to get it done??

Does anyone have any experience of a matter such as this?

Thanks.:)
    I have leased out covert cameras and dvrs for the exact same problem that you are having.
    There's not many that I know who do this but ring around.
    Alternatively get on to your local td, there is an election comming up

• Advertisement
Advertisement