Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ngb broadband is a joke.

• 26-01-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

my signal and speed is dropping constantly since day 1 about 3 months ago, im sick of it.

i was promised this package (7 meg) would be perfect for gaming and that my line is 100 per cent.

look at this rubbish, ridiculous ping and speed, is this what ngb is about?

1129050892.png

im going to get my money back or im going further because im not getting what i paid for and im being ripped off.

eircom are cowboys and specialize on false advertisement, fibre power is the way to go, so im off to magnet or upc.

wouldnt recommend eircom to anyone.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you have broadband on your line before? What are your line stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

dub45 wrote: »
    Have you have broadband on your line before? What are your line stats?

no i never had broadband here before, how do you get the line stats?

the girl on the phone told me that my line is perfect otherwise eircom wouldnt have connected me:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

Iam with eircom and i done a internet test..
    DL 2.49
    UL .39
    ping 207

dont know whats this means but i hope it helps you

Iam with eircom and i done a internet test..
    DL 2.49
    UL .39
    ping 207

dont know whats this means but i hope it helps you

if your getting the 7 meg package and thats the speed your getting, your getting stung too.

ping is ridiculously high very unstable connections for so called next gen broadband.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Post the line stats from that page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'm on Limerick router or node or whatever you call it as well and it's been crap for the past 2 weeks alright. Usually it's grand. Obviously a lot of new customers lately.
    ADSL Link	Downstream	Upstream
    Connection Speed	17405 kbps	765 kbps
    Line Attenuation	19 db	3.5 db
    Noise Margin	6 db	17 db

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I'm on Limerick router or node or whatever you call it as well and it's been crap for the past 2 weeks alright. Usually it's grand. Obviously a lot of new customers lately.

Ha, isn't that the spin they put on this so called "NGB", that it is contention free. So new customers shouldn't make a difference to your speed.
    Yes it is a complete joke, but it has been from the start since DSL was classed as Next Gen in 1997.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's not a joke everywhere. I have always had a decent enough service in Dundalk since 2003, currently on 8 Meg NGB Advanced.

1130571467.png

ADSL Link	Downstream	Upstream
    Connection Speed	17405 kbps	765 kbps
    Line Attenuation	19 db	3.5 db
    Noise Margin	6 db	17 db

Your attenuation looks fine which suggests you are pretty close to the exchange but your Noise Margin is a bit iffy and could lead to disconnects.

Is there anything else connect to the phone system in your house? Whats your internal wiring like?

High speeds put a lot of pressure on the Noise Margin so you could think about lowering it a bit and see if that helps.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#SNR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Conall 360

I'm having the same problem swapped from digiweb to eircom's 8Mb/512kb.

Now my speeds are : 4305kbps and 43kbps
    When they used to be around : 6300kbps and 650kbps

I'm using a Netgear DGND3300v2 router just incase that could be causing the problem.

• Advertisement

line stats?

dub45 wrote: »
    line stats?

this is the best i could do with the line stats, cant find the noise reduction rates etc there not on my one. my eircom broadband completly shut off from 6pm yesterday to 12pm today what a joke, my freind works in vodafone he said half the country were without eircom broadband yesterday.

Speed
    7168/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    13/7 dB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

For everyone in this thread: Speedtest.net can be unreliable. I'd go to the ftp.heanet.ie website, look around in the ubuntu folder and download one of the 600-700MB files for a minute. That will give you an accurate download rate if there's nothing else downloading at the same time. KiloBytes x 8 = kilobits, which is what the modem reports.

Advertisement