Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake/dummy cctv camera

Options
  • 26-01-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

hey all

someone has strted to dump bags of rubbish is a quite spot in our estate.Looking to stick up a fake/dummy cctv camera on a pole to see if it will deter them.

spent sunday evening cleaning up after them. from looking throught the contents, to see if i could find any ID details, seems to be a woman with a child from the contents.....:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

Best way to deal with this is calling the local litter warden. They can go through the stuff, find out who owns it and they'll have the legal right to fine this woman. Otherwise, they might accuse you of contaminating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

the local community council have had to do the collecting themselves, as we did not get much help from council/warden previously. Comm council also had to cover costs to dispose of the rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

dummy cameras don't work. you'll need a good real one ..
    a lot people can tell the difference between fake and real, what is harder is a broken real camera .....

I had a dummy ... did not work .. changed it to a real one, and within the first week, i saw the culprit staring straight into the camera for a minute, then he walks off, incident did not happen again.

no maybe my dummy was too obvious (i did not think so i reused the casing for the actual on) or maybe the fact i changed the angle was enough to catch his attention ... but for the difference in 100 quid, buy a secondhand real camera.

Advertisement