Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone calls- Scam?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

We did call straight to the voicemail to get a name or voice to match those in the call but no voicemail is set up. May be nothing but if you were selling online and needed the sale and left your mobile as a contact...surely you would have a voicemail. I know I'm clutching...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

At the moment looking after my other halfs elderly mother.They get these bloody calls all the time.I've gotten two so far this morning on their housephone both with what I'm sure are the same Indian woman.The first I hung up,the second decided to have some fun.When she said the call was about internet security said "how interesting,tell me more" and as she was talking went to the bathroom,put the phone down close to the loo and flushed.She hung up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

rcdk1 wrote: »
    It's a well known scam that's going on at the moment. Do not give any information and simply hangup.

An even better plan is to give them details of someone you dislike ;)

Advertisement