Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking holidays for end of May

Options
  • 26-01-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I doubt this, but is there any way of finding out when my particular exams will be at the end of May? I'm only going to have 3 exams. The calendar says exams go on into June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

go to the exams office they have provisional dates months in advance, I know a girl who did that for the January exams. But maybe make it seem like its more than a holiday cause they told the girl because she was going home for Christmas and wanted to know when she had to book her flight back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I doubt there's any way to find out what dates your exams are.

I'm in the business faculty and going on previous years I would say that the exams will be finished by the end of the second week.

If you contact your local Examinations Office they might be able to tell you if your exams will run into the 3rd week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ranopano

Cheers guys, I'll get in touch with the exam office.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

from my experience, there is no way to find out. honestly, i had an internship planned and they couldnt tell me less then a week before the exams when and where we were actually going to be doing them. i guess you could book the holiday and pray or just not book it and pay more when the exam timetables are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

DIT don't do planning. Seriously, you will be lucky to know when/where the exams are on a week to two before the actual starting times. Even then, you won't know exactly where the exam locations are, as the locations aren't posted until
    you arrive in the main hall come exam day. It's logistically too difficult for DIT in Kevin Street at least to post the locations ALONG with the exam timetable. It's always been this way from my experience btw. The admin in DIT are useless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement