Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch, tomorrow

• 26-01-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm heading to Lahinch tomorrow with 4 lads. Will we be the only 5 people there at this time of year? If not, where should we go?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

There are approx 600 people living in Lahinch. It's not a ghost town.
    So no, you won't be the only people in Lahinch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Carry wrote: »
    There are approx 600 people living in Lahinch. It's not a ghost town.
    So no, you won't be the only people in Lahinch.

No need to take it personally, it's obvious I didn't think we'd be the only 5 people in one of irelands tourist towns. I live in a place with 50k population and you can get stuck in a dead zone if you don't know where to go. Any constructive suggestions anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Don_Corleone

its bound to be pretty quiet to be honest at this time of year although the surf report for the next two days is decent so there might be a few brave surfers around.
    Lahinch can be a bit of a ghost town at this time of year.

try pubs like o looneys, flanagans, kennys etc all on the main street.
    normally i'd suggest doolin if lahinch is quiet but that could be just as quiet...
    Its not exactly peak season!!

things might get a little busier on sat night otherwise if youre looking to go on the piss your nearest option to find a crowd might be ennis.

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Cheers, that helps a lot. I don't really mind it being quiet, just as long as we know we're not missing out on a kickin session 3 mins down the road. If all else fails it's still 12 pints with the lads, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

You will be fine, enjoy it. It will be quiet but its a nice spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

It won't be as busy as it would be during the summer, but there should be still a lot of surfers around, this is a good time of year for surfing

Advertisement