Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/Bars in Kilkenny with areas large enough to hold 50 - 100 people

Options
  • 26-01-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭

Hi. I want to organise an event in kilkenny and need somewhere to hold it. Would like somewhere where I could fit 50 - 100 people. Preferably on the cheap if I can.
    I know that Bollards have a room out back and Pumphouse have upstairs (But Bollards, while a nice pub, is a bit 'old' for what I need. Pumphouse has kinda alienated the crowd I am going for over the last few years of the boom).
    Somewhere with same amount of space would be good though.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

up stairs in kytlers, or maybe dempesy's on john street they have small club out back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Matt the millers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

bloopy wrote: »
    Preferably on the cheap if I can.

O Faolain's
    Breathnachs
    dempsey's (think i seen the other day its called something else now cant remember what)

If it think or more i will edit this, but i think Breathnachs would be a good idea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was in Dempseys last week and they've a big room out the back.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Back room of Ryan's would hold 50 but maybe not 100.

The ballroom of the Club House Hotel might be worth a look as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Another one, upstairs in the Pump House

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

bloopy wrote: »
    Hi. I want to organise an event in kilkenny and need somewhere to hold it. Would like somewhere where I could fit 50 - 100 people. Preferably on the cheap if I can.
    I know that Bollards have a room out back and Pumphouse have upstairs (But Bollards, while a nice pub, is a bit 'old' for what I need. Pumphouse has kinda alienated the crowd I am going for over the last few years of the boom).
    Somewhere with same amount of space would be good though.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    the set theatre (langtons) loads of room for what u want
    or the bar in killin hill again loads of room again langtons run this hope this helps u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

greenfly wrote: »
    O Faolain's
    Breathnachs
    dempsey's (think i seen the other day its called something else now cant remember what)

If it think or more i will edit this, but i think Breathnachs would be a good idea
    Would ya stop you'd be suspected of paedophelia if you were over 18 and in that place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I have a lot of experience doing this sort of thing in Kilkenny.

If you want to PM me your exact requirements I will tell you want you need. Or right them in the thread, whatever.

Advertisement