Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned from ladies lounge

• 26-01-2011 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HI

I was banned from the ladies lounge by Silverfish for posting something that was funny on a thread name that was screaming out out for a funny reply and got permabanned from the TLL. Why has the injustice of the banhammer been lowered upon me.. It was my first dam post..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm confused.

Given that two people had already been banned in that thread for flippant responses - why did post a fresh comment that was obviously going to get you banned? I'm guessing you didn't read the Forum Charter OR the thread you posted in.

Have you PM'd Silverfish to discuss the matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cracked82

ok I pm'd silverfish.. didn't realize that i had to wait 2 days sorry bout that..

I admit that i didn't bother reading the rest of the posts i just quick replied out of the sheer excitement of posting something funny. I just posted and f'ed off with myself then, when i went back in like 5 minutes later i realized i was permabanned. Has the common human sense of humor been thrown out the window on this site or is all just serious business. I realize now that TLL is probably full of sensitive women who cant take a joke but come on it was harmless humor on my part..

Cracked82 wrote: »
    ok I pm'd silverfish.. didn't realize that i had to wait 2 days sorry bout that..
    That's the procedure.
    I realize now that TLL is probably full of sensitive women who cant take a joke but come on it was harmless humor on my part..
    It sounds to me like TLL is not for you anyway, and I'm guessing you're not for it after that comment.

Why not just move on? There's plenty more forums on Boards where you can crack jokes at your leisure.
    (Just read the charter AND the thread you're posting in first.)

can i ask if you are a man and if you are wouldn't you think of something funny to post with a thread with that name "The Worst Sin A Woman Can commit!!!" come on there asking for it, could you at least close that thread as it just looking for abuse..

Can you give me any good places to go thats good for a laugh on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

can i ask if you are a man and if you are wouldn't you think of something funny to post with a thread with that name "The Worst Sin A Woman Can commit!!!" come on there asking for it, could you at least close that thread as it just looking for abuse..

Can you give me any good places to go thats good for a laugh on here...

After Hours springs immediately to mind. You should definitely avoid TLL, Personal Issues, and any other forum where posts are required to be 'on-topic and supportive'. To a lesser extent, be careful in forums like Politics, where a flippant comment is also often unwelcome.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Cracked, I find it bizarre that after one post, you're requesting the closure of a thread in a forum you haven't read the Charter for, based on the fact that it invites abuse - after having posted abuse in it. :pac:

Though I see you've found a couple more forums, and managed to get another post deleted... I suspect your Boards career may be short if you continue in this vein.

Good luck.

ok il stick to after hours cos i'm way to lighthearted to be on the soc side of things. See i was a member of a website that if someone posted stuff like whats in soc we would call them "moralfags" and they were just looking for the attention and to be laughed at.. I can see now this forum is different and i have to control myself. or confine myself to after hours like scofflaw said.

ok il stick to after hours cos i'm way to lighthearted to be on the soc side of things. See i was a member of a website that if someone posted stuff like whats in soc we would call them "moralfags" and they were just looking for the attention and to be laughed at.. I can see now this forum is different and i have to control myself. or confine myself to after hours like scofflaw said.

Glad you didn't try out 'moralfags' in tLL. We'd still be picking pieces out of the walls. In general, AH is the only place where you're safe to assume 4chan standards.

amused,
    Scofflaw

I was afraid to say 4chan or encyclopedia dramitica cos some sites seem to get offended.. for me I was more of a EDiot than a /b/tard.
    Thanks for your advice

Could you marked this as resolved and lets all gtfo of here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Scofflaw wrote: »
    In general, AH is the only place where you're safe to assume 4chan standards.

With respect, that is not a safe assumption.

The OP would be well advised to read the AH charter before posting there.

• Advertisement

trout wrote: »
    With respect, that is not a safe assumption.

The OP would be well advised to read the AH charter before posting there.

Fair point - still, it's where he's most likely not to get immediately slung out on his ear.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement