Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Catalyst Contorl Centre not starting.

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Sigh.

I don't remember when, but a while ago, possibly after an update, CCC stopped opening. So today I tried to do something about it. Looked around the net and it's a common enough problem, but there's a mixed bag of solutions. I've uninstalled previous versions, completely cleaned everything AMD-related of the PC, cleaned registry, and re-installed the latest driver. When I click on the CCC icon, both CCC.exe and MOM.exe start for a couple of seconds then stop. No warning or error messages.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 x64
    HD4670

U.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Sigh.

I don't remember when, but a while ago, possibly after an update, CCC stopped opening. So today I tried to do something about it. Looked around the net and it's a common enough problem, but there's a mixed bag of solutions. I've uninstalled previous versions, completely cleaned everything AMD-related of the PC, cleaned registry, and re-installed the latest driver. When I click on the CCC icon, both CCC.exe and MOM.exe start for a couple of seconds then stop. No warning or error messages.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 x64
    HD4670

U.

A beta ATi borked the CCC for me and the only thing that fixed it was a full re-install of windows. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

did you clean the registry and remove the .dll's in safe mode? also when you installed it did you have any virus checkers running or anything that prevents services being added like teatimer? might be worth checking if the services are installed but not running in the control panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I had this problem on my old windows 7 installation for my 4850, i tried everything to fix it. Removed everything related to ati, re-installed numerous times different drivers etc. Re-installed windows in the end to fix it, im sure you dont want to bother doing that, hopefully there is some easier solution.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Also try reinstalling the .NET framework, it can get borked (a recent MSUpdate-d .NET patch borked it completely on my system, causing a lot of swearing and cursing! :o) and is a pain to fix. You might need to reinstall some .NET-reliant programs afterwards to make them work again though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    did you clean the registry and remove the .dll's in safe mode? also when you installed it did you have any virus checkers running or anything that prevents services being added like teatimer?l
    Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials but it's always been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

HUZZZZZZZZZZAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Got it working.

Here's what's changed in the last half hour. Reinstalled .net framework 4. Downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package which i remember i had uninstalled when I cleaned up everything. Ran windows update. Uninstalled CCC and drivers. Cleaned regsitry. Installed display driver only using it's installer. Then ran the Installaion manager for catalyst.

Thank god that's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

a bigger nightmare on XP

and its currently happening on 2 pcs in the house

almost died of frustration trying to fix it last time.. which I actually did, then it came back.. oh it came back... I can't win, its too strong.. and over time I've learnt to live with it.. its okay I don't need to tweak my graphics card settings anyway, who needs that*twitch*

Advertisement