Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup 4th Rnd: Fulham vs Spurs Match Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some shambles today,the less said the better I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

THFC wrote: »
    fcuking hell... not watching the game - I can't - but all this has accomplished thus far is knock the confidence out of our lads and get Daws - our fcuking captain and best defender - a 3 game ban..... Serves Harry right for puuting out his full strength side in a mickey mouse competition... What a load of utter bollocks..

If he fielded a weakened team ye wud b having a go at him for not taking the competition serious enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

mickman wrote: »
    If he fielded a weakened team ye wud b having a go at him for not taking the competition serious enough

No I wouldn't have.
    Meh, the FA Cup doesn't hold the same value it did even 5 years ago. IMO we need to be concentrating on 4th spot and the CL and if we go an extended cup run then that's a bonus. Bit it shouldn't come at tiring out our already tired players. As time goes on I see more more and familiarities with us and Villa in the last 2 seasons, have a great XI but get very tired towards the end of the season and ultimately fall short in the primary objective. and even if we do play a strong XI there's a good we'll lose, Fulham are in great form, have a very good home record and don't have anything else to play for. IMO the risks outweigh the rewards.

Our squad is too small to be playing in 3 competitions. I think fatigue will be a huge problem for us after Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

stopped watching after 30mins

better things to do with my day then watching those idoits run around pretending to be professional footballers

not that I'm angry, I just don't give a **** on days like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

No I wouldn't have.

Our squad is too small to be playing in 3 competitions. I think fatigue will be a huge problem for us after Easter.[/QUOT

Our squad is one of the biggest if not the biggest in the league. United have a smaller squad than ours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Im not sure what annoys me most, that performance, or people saying the FA Cup is mickey mouse or that they turned off after a half hour.

That's the worst performance from a Spurs in a long time.
    Dawson caused the 1st 2 goals, and the less said about him the better.And then he throws the armband away :mad:

I thought Pienaar and Hutton did well, but in general it was awful. Gomes looked shaky as fcuk for the entire game, and Bassong was scarily bad too.

Playing Defoe up top on his own against them was ridiculous.

Our squad is one of the biggest if not the biggest in the league. United have a smaller squad than ours
    Yes, perhaps, but what I mean by that is without VDV, Modric, Bale and Lennon all in the team we do look lacklustre. Neither of them should have played today IMO, esp Modric, who's been looking very tired.

And btw, I didn't switch off the match half way into (just in case people think I did), I was wasn't watching it at all, was able to. Of all our games this season it's only about the 2nd or 3rd one I haven't watched at all.

EDIT: And even had we won without Daws getting sent off I would still be unhappy with the team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

unpredictable spurs again

managerman wrote: »
    unpredictable spurs again
    What a totally ignorant comment... Its the FA Cup ffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We're in trouble lads, make no mistake about it, we were a shambles and this kind of result has been on the cards for a while.

No surprise that most of it was self inflicted.

A couple of 11th hour buys in the transfer market is not the solution either IMO.

The sooner Hudds gets back the better. We need him and Palacios to protect the back four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

[Our squad is one of the biggest if not the biggest in the league. United have a smaller squad than ours

You're probably right. Unfortunately our bench warmers are not up to the same standard as Utd.

Anyway's regarding the game itself, first of all fair play to Fulham they played a blinder and took full advantage of every mistake we made. Regards to our boys, well they could play another hundred first half's and not play as bad as that.

I thought Phil Dowd was very quick to give the 2nd peno and must have had a hard on to get the red out so brisk. Still, not excusing the performance as writing was on the wall by that stage. Mistakes all round from our defence.

No silverware again this season. Feck the CL, let's go all out for 4th spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

For all those disrespecting the FA cup, go and watch the videos posted in the thread "If you know your history" and then come back and tell me it is a Mickey Mouse cup. I sometimes wonder if some Spurs fans know where We came from :rolleyes:

KingdomYid wrote: »
    For all those disrespecting the FA cup, go and watch the videos posted in the thread "If you know your history" and then come back and tell me it is a Mickey Mouse cup. I sometimes wonder if some Spurs fans know where We came from :rolleyes:
    Exactly where to go if you want to try and justify putting out a strong team in the FA Cup - history. Times change, the only benefit of the FA Cup these days is the silverware. It'd be different if there was a CL place up for grabs. We just cannot realistically challenge on three fronts, we need to prioritise. I don't think we should dismiss the CL because it shows the rest of Europe who we are, and if we do well in the CL there's more chance of big name players coming to WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

the only benefit of the FA Cup these days is the silverware.

But surely is this not what football is about? winning silverware? I know getting into CL brings money but a chance of actually winning SILVERWARE cannot be just disgarded so easily. Either way we played our strongest team and were well beaten but I agree fully with Harry's decision to field it. We will agree to disagree.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    We will agree to disagree.
    Fair enough:). But we lost a lot more than we gained today, I said a few days ago that the risks of playing a full strength team far out-weighed the rewards. But fair enough, I'll leave it at that and stop harping on about spilt milk...! We must Keep the Faith:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Before this thread drifts off in to the sunset, a word for our superb supporters who despite being 4-0 down at HT , never stopped throughout the 2nd half yesterday, magnificent.

Advertisement