Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router bought in peats

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi, i bought a wireless router in peats in july 2009, It's still covered under the 3 year warranty but is that warranty with the store or with the manufactuer? If it's with store thats fine just go get a replacement but if with manufactuer will have to be shipped to USA for replacement. Is it just hassle free to just go buy a new one and be done with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It should last at least two years.

Your contract is with the shop. Any manufacturer's warranty is in addition and doesn't affect statutory rights.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What happened to the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

There is no ip address getting through, So I took it back to Peats yesterday and my warranty is with the manufactuer so I have to send it to USA for repair or replacement. In the mean time in meant I had to purchase a new one to save inconvience of not having one. The sales person at Peats said that it is an old router and the speed of broadband I have may have caused it to overheat as it was not fast enough to cope with the ammount of bband come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

caused it to overheat as it was not fast enough to cope with the ammount of bband come through.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR34jvIJdPsbXBQ6UIW3wTg4fUFPyFNv9yzqGBFh-M0KVFlx5qJnw

Can you still access the router at all? Look up how to get access to the settings screen (192.168.1.1 etc) and restore factory defaults or upgrade the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

There is no ip address getting through, So I took it back to Peats yesterday and my warranty is with the manufactuer so I have to send it to USA for repair or replacement. In the mean time in meant I had to purchase a new one to save inconvience of not having one. The sales person at Peats said that it is an old router and the speed of broadband I have may have caused it to overheat as it was not fast enough to cope with the ammount of bband come through.

Hardware can and does die, but not for that fictional reason.

What make and model is it, the manufacturer might have an European office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I bought a linksys off Peats that failed after a couple of years. I ended up posting it back to the manufacturer in Holland and they sent out a new one about a week later. I never bothered going into Peats, perhaps I should have. It did cost me about €5 in postage, but I got a new (and updated model) router.

Advertisement