Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway (18-22) Originals Band need Drummer and Bassist.

• 26-01-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Band Name: PhatLocust

Band Genre: Alternative-Rock...ish.

Band Location: Galway

Influences: Film and Game music (see: Hans Zimmer, John Murphy's 28 Days Later, Akira Yamoaka, Nobou Uematsu etc.)

Electronic stuff and bands... Generally Crystal Castles, Muse, Justice, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys... A lot of oddball **** from Japan, some post-rock stuff like Battles and some old stuff like Beatles, Aphrodites Child. Not Metal or we-sing-songs-about-the-weekend indie though.

Positions Available: Drummer and a bassist.

Desired Age Range: 18-22 unless you are 17 and out of school.

Available Sound Samples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVBLsCBLMiU
    Some loops and stuff made with just an ipod and guitar, hence it sounding like it was being played beside an airline jet.

Additional Info: Originals and a lot of commitment really. You may scoff at such a premise, but our aim is to write music that mimics the kind of hooks you find in a game, movie etc. We never set out to play a specific genre of music, but we aren't massively into classic rock, metal, indie or punk.

Anyway, I will take this thread down and try again another time if nobody is interested. But dont reply unless you are in Galway and are actually a tad serious about it... Otherwise there is no point.

Edited: Now butt-hurt metal-fan friendly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PhatLocust

ThePath wrote: »
    wow. just from reading your post u guys seem like complete musical n00bs. ever heard of artistry?

more like Shatlocust.

i hope a mod takes this thread down or makes u edit the **** out of it before it sparks some hate dump

An excerpt from one of your threads- promising fame and success to anyone who would choose to play music with you.

"however the songs will probably still remain in the punk-rock/rock/alt rock/metal area. There are plans in place for huge promotion, world class recording, radio shows, and much more that I wont reveal in this post as i'm sure you can understand wink.gif It does take dedication however but if thats a problem for you then this isn't what you're looking for.."

Because that is what artistry revolves around- bribing would-be bandmates with success, rather than contentment and musical creativity?

And to add to that, your only posts are promoting yourself- and dissing others? Good luck, man.

Live at Oxegen 2013- that sad guy from boards.ie with a receeding hairline and a fist-full of trolling posts attempting to discourage other musicians in his wake. You are going to be huge, man.

Huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭flameboy87

Hey man, not once did The Path ever mention or promise anythin to do with fame. He lay down his intentions for putting in huge efforts for a band and if someone joined they would have to similar. World class recording is somethin money can buy, not somethin that fame buys, he never promised anything to do with being the next big band but laid out the intentions that he would do everythin possible to make a career of it.

Also, don't put down other genres that you dont listen to as being 'poor excuses' because other people here really enjoy music that you may not listen to, its an ignorance of understanding of these genres and disrespectful to others who use this forum.

Best of luck with your search but I have an inkling that your search wont be too successful unless your attitude changes

flameboy87 wrote: »
    Hey man, not once did The Path ever mention or promise anythin to do with fame. He lay down his intentions for putting in huge efforts for a band and if someone joined they would have to similar. World class recording is somethin money can buy, not somethin that fame buys, he never promised anything to do with being the next big band but laid out the intentions that he would do everythin possible to make a career of it.

Also, don't put down other genres that you dont listen to as being 'poor excuses' because other people here really enjoy music that you may not listen to, its an ignorance of understanding of these genres and disrespectful to others who use this forum.

Best of luck with your search but I have an inkling that your search wont be too successful unless your attitude changes

Testing the waters for trolls and pseudo-intellectual forum-Ghandi's.

It would seem both are in abundance.
    Also: Thread edited for maximum blandness and indifference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ThePath

thanks flameboy but these kids obviously have no intention of lowering the attitude. its probably just best to let the thread play out.

i mean. u HAVE listened to the link they posted right? :P

ThePath wrote: »
    thanks flameboy but these kids obviously have no intention of lowering the attitude. its probably just best to let the thread play out.

i mean. u HAVE listened to the link they posted right? :P

"huge promotion, world class recording, radio shows, and much more"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Is this the point at which people generally say:

/gets popcorn, settles down, sits back/

or some such?

Is this the point at which people generally say:

/gets popcorn, settles down, sits back/

or some such?

To be honest, I hope not- see, I literally just want discussion here regarding joining the band; but I have been warned in the past that such a concept is near-impossible here.

Basically people from your general area/county who have been trying to 'get big' (whatever that means today..) well into their twenties see your thread and it's higher amount of views and assume they must enter and troll.

it is sad that I will pass these people on Shop St. on a day-to-day basis. I don't want their constant replies- but they will keep giving them. To which I will reply with the copy pasta seen above. Either way, more trolls- more view counts for me and a higher chance of someone coming along and PMing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

PhatLocust wrote: »
    well into their twenties

You see, that might be part of the issue some people seem to have with what you're saying.

You see, that might be part of the issue some people seem to have with what you're saying.

Oh well, in the long run- this thread will serve it's purpose; and as such, the feelings of a bunch of trolls getting hurt isn't up there in my care-list.

I appreciate your concern to an extent though. But it is really of little consequence, considering the nature of the aformentioned poster who I pissed off to begin with.

From this point on, anyone who posts who doesn't have any interest in joining is merely trolling/bored with their lives and are looking for a fight (online no less...) Either way I benefit, considering the post count and views go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SLeven

Really really good band, probably the most talented two musicians to grace this forum. Can see these guys going somewhere GL with De SuCHe

Tis a pitty about the old bald guys flaming :<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

A bass player has been found, please use this thread if you're an interested drummer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement