Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MvC3 special edition

Options
  • 27-01-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi guys, i know theres a whole discussion on marvel v capcom 3 but i know i'd get totally confused by reading them (i'm clueless bout ps3!)
    So i'm sorry if this question has been answered already but is the special edition game for ps3 the same as the standard game for ps3 just that theres a comic/book art and downloadable characters and some other thing ect ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That would be correct.

The special edition isn't even coming out here anyway, it's US only as of yet.

I smell a thread closure coming on though, no reason this couldn't just go in the general MvC3 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Even if it is, it's a legit question.
    In any case, yes, there's a glut of special editions, and each one comes with 1 special bonus item, and I think a bonus download code. Depending on which shop you buy it from will determine your special prize.

If you REALLY want to, you could pay for the import for PS3 (Hooray, no region-locking), but unless if the T-shirt/comic is JUST what you've always wanted, I'd not recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

xbox ones come with free shirt in europe. i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    xbox ones come with free shirt in europe. i think?

There's a bunch of different shirts around, but I think those are just preorder bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

These are the pre-order bonuses. I really like the xtra vision tshirt so I went into one of the stores and asked about pre-ordering and they didnt have a breeze what I was talking about. Went into another one and the guy said I can pre-order but he couldnt guarantee I will get the tshirt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fieryfox

LOL why wouldn't it b a legit question? I'm a girl that knows nothing about games only my friend in the US birthday is coming up and i'd know he'd like this. I'm ordering it from amazon as theres free shipping to US (from US) thats how i know theres a special edition ... it doesn't mean i know what it is ... i dont even own a playstation like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

fieryfox wrote: »
    LOL why wouldn't it b a legit question? I'm a girl that knows nothing about games only my friend in the US birthday is coming up and i'd know he'd like this. I'm ordering it from amazon as theres free shipping to US (from US) thats how i know theres a special edition ... it doesn't mean i know what it is ... i dont even own a playstation like!

513YAm42oaL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    i heard hes getting you this? :)
    LOL jkn, what a great friend. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

These are the pre-order bonuses. I really like the xtra vision tshirt so I went into one of the stores and asked about pre-ordering and they didnt have a breeze what I was talking about. Went into another one and the guy said I can pre-order but he couldnt guarantee I will get the tshirt?
    Pat from Gamesnash said in another thread that Irish retailers are getting none of the preorder bonuses. While I took from this he meant online retailers it could also mean bricks n' mortar stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If he lives in the US, you're almost definitely better off ordering from a US Retailer online.

[QUO

TE=Placebo;70313143]513YAm42oaL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
    i heard hes getting you this? :)
    LOL jkn, what a great friend. Honestly.[/QUOTE]

Hehe thanks!

• Advertisement

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B004BWKS1E/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296138950&sr=1-4

thats the special edition i was on about. The game is the exact same right? And no i dont work for amazon or marvel or anything!! I just wanna make sure i'm buying the right present .... but the extra stuff seems good for an extra 7 dollars right//?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

fieryfox wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Playstation-3/dp/B003IEBO9Q

thats the special edition i was on about. The game is the exact same right? And no i dont work for amazon or marvel or anything!! I just wanna make sure i'm buying the right present .... but the extra stuff seems good for an extra 7 dollars right//?
    The game will be the exact same yes, just with extra stuff like the artbook etc. A lot of people go for the special editions of games with the extra stuff. Personally I don't like to spend the money but would be very pleased if I got one as a present!

Advertisement