Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best place to rent in Limerick City?

• 27-01-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Where is the best place to rent in Limerick City? Raheen, Dooradoyle, Castletroy...? Im considering moving into the city but just curious where would the safest .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Not that familiar with limerick, but I saw a program on the telly lastnight about the place, moyross looks like a fairly cheap area, and with good community spirit, apparently there is also a free gym there run by one of the locals ,good place to make acquaintances .

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Not that familiar with limerick, but I saw a program on the telly lastnight about the place, moyross looks like a fairly cheap area, and with good community spirit, apparently there is also a free gym there run by one of the locals ,good place to make acquaintances .

Really ?! Thanks for that gob****e, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Splender1 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to rent in Limerick City? Raheen, Dooradoyle, Castletroy...? Im considering moving into the city but just curious where would the safest .

Where would you be working? Any place you want to live near to?

I live in Corbally, and you can find flats in the Grove Island area (where I live). Fisherman's Quay especially, are quite nice (as long as you get a place close to the river, not near the student village). Lock Mills also nice, but the buildings are a few years older and not as well built and maintained. To the best of my knowledge, Corbally is pretty safe generally.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=986609 - fisherman's quay, 650 a month.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=992745 - lock mills - 585 a month.

Of course, without knowing your budget and family situation, recommendations are going to be pretty tentative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

realistly all major suburban areas are the same, obiously certain areas of castletroy and caherdavin will be full of student as UL and LIT are near by, Raheen has the most buses running in that direction but as long as you stay outta the major problem areas youll be grand.

as you get closer to the city, which you didnt mention so i presume living in the city is something you havent looked at, generally most places are good, why not post the areas your considering and well let ya know

pick somewhere closest to where youll be working / spending alot of your time wont matter really

Advertisement