Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help: Cork city sports events.

• 27-01-2011 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I need help, I'd like to try and cover a few events this weekend but don't know where to look. I'm happy to cover nearly anything ( would be even happier if I could easily get closer to the action and free entry! ).

If you have links to calendars etc I'd appreciate it, But if you know of something going on just post a time a place.

Thanks for the help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

You're location says UCC, so if you're still there give the sports office a call and see if there are any matches on in the Mardyke this weekend. Chances are either the football, soccer, hurling or rugby will have one game on. And if you ask nicely they'll probably tell you to fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Hey all,

I need help, I'd like to try and cover a few events this weekend but don't know where to look. I'm happy to cover nearly anything ( would be even happier if I could easily get closer to the action and free entry! ).

If you have links to calendars etc I'd appreciate it, But if you know of something going on just post a time a place.

Thanks for the help! :)

i make my own calendar of events :) can take time....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/results_and_fixtures/calendar/7802169.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Cork Con are playing at Temple Hill on Saturday. 2.30 kick off. 10 quid in. You'll be able to get within a couple of feet of the touch line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Game on in Musgrave Park in the Ulster Bank League, Friday night. Sundays Well v Highfield I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Cork City Foras v Cobh Ramblers (Pre-Season Friendly) at Bishopstown at 2pm on 29th Jan.

if thats of any use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks all for the help,sadly I've had to go back to Kerry for the weekend, fell off my bike and banged my head, and was advised to stay with my family incase I needed to go to my doctor or anything, all fine though! I'll post in here again when I'm next staying in Cork for a weekend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

There are two North Kerry Championship games on in Moyvane on Sunday if you are looking for something to do at home.

Ballyman wrote: »
    There are two North Kerry Championship games on in Moyvane on Sunday if you are looking for something to do at home.
    Thanks!

Sadly left my camera and lenses in Cork!

OK, would anyone know of anything for this weekend? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

OK, would anyone know of anything for this weekend? Thanks!

It may be quite a distance for you, but you might want to travel - the Munster Senior Cross Country Champs is on in Kilnaboy on Sunday. As it's Seniors, there will be some really good, fast races with some quality athletes taking part. Add to that all the rain we've had, and the course will be really muddy - ideal for good shots! :D

• Advertisement

There might be 1 or 2 UBL games on. I know Alain Rolland is doing one down there - Cork Con v Shannon.

colblimp wrote: »
    It may be quite a distance for you, but you might want to travel - the Munster Senior Cross Country Champs is on in Kilnaboy on Sunday. As it's Seniors, there will be some really good, fast races with some quality athletes taking part. Add to that all the rain we've had, and the course will be really muddy - ideal for good shots! :D

Thanks, I can't even find that on my phones google maps so I'll assume Its too far to cycle!

kensutz wrote: »
    There might be 1 or 2 UBL games on. I know Alain Rolland is doing one down there - Cork Con v Shannon.

Oh brilliant! This is on during the day and only 4.9 km from my house, I'll definitely be heading to this, thanks! :)

Yeah it's on. UCC are playing in the Mardyke. 2/2:30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Thanks, I can't even find that on my phones google maps so I'll assume Its too far to cycle!

Yeah, erm, it's kind of a 2 hour drive, heading towards Ennis - sorry...

kensutz wrote: »
    Yeah it's on. UCC are playing in the Mardyke. 2/2:30pm

That might be better actually, It's closer and I can then show the college paper I do actually cover college games!
    colblimp wrote: »
    Yeah, erm, it's kind of a 2 hour drive, heading towards Ennis - sorry...

No problem, I will get to one of them at some point :pac: Thanks anyway!

Advertisement