Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB power drop since ESB maintainance work!

Options
  • 27-01-2011 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi, The ESB had dug up the road in my area and finished putting down new cables on my road last week. Today they cut the power for 4 hours this morning, and since the power has been restored. The lights in the house have dimmed, and the electric power shower is not heating the water, just lukewarm even when the temp is put to high! Other high drain electric devices like the kettle and toaster are also not working right, its as if the voltage or current has been lowered or is being drained by something else!:confused:

Any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭billyboy01

Update, a newly built house at the end of my road was connected to the mains today. I noticed that there were electricians working until about 9pm, and when they left the house. Interestingly the lights went back to full brightness, and the showers heating was working normal again!

I am planning to ring the ESB Networks dept. tomorrow. I hope they sort this as electrical power being drained from my house is not on!

Is this an ESB problem or Cowboy building!

Any advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi billyboy01,

Sorry to hear about the voltage problems. ESB Networks' full contact details are listed here. Notifying them of this issue as soon as possible (as you plan to do) is the best course of action.

If we can be of any further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement