Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

calex71 wrote: »
    Nightmare isn't exactly a nightmare either, and im on the 360 , lack of mouse is troublesome for sniping missions. Once you play safe and smart , save often you're grand. The enemies either run at you and actively hunt you (shotgun) or hide behind cover (scoped weapon headshots)

Once I got the two
    defib upgrades
    I was a lot less cautious.

Did anyone else buy the half of the binoculars and wonder wtf it was for ???? I was only when I equipped the pistol after running low on other ammo did I learn what it was for , that + fat boys = win

I sold them cause it just annoyed me since it used them for shotguns aswell as pistols. Scoped shotgun is just wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Nightmare isn't exactly a nightmare eithe
    Really? Thought it'd be the classic (ala-Doom) respawning bad guys and all that. Nightmare Doom was a bastard of a thing. Good times.

I see you can switch difficulty at anytime in Rage. Might give Nightmare a look.
    I was only when I equipped the pistol after running low on other ammo did I learn what it was for
    With mouse+keyboard the pistol is one of my most often used weapons. Head-shot, head-shot, head-shot. Always the same when playing console-optimised games -- made GTA4 very easy (and boring) but Rage doesn't seem to suffer too much. Mostly, I think, because it can take a few direct shots to the face to actually kill anything :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does the jobs board give more jobs over time?I completed them all and I can't do anymore.

Can anyone answer this for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Yes I'm pretty sure it does give new jobs after a while, finish more story missions.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've just finished them myself. Haven't looked for more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Praetorian wrote: »
    Yes I'm pretty sure it does give new jobs after a while, finish more story missions.

good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Not really feeling this at the moment. I am about two hours in and hoping it picks up. The graphics look great (playing on 360) and the shooting is pretty solid. But so far find the missions fairly boring and the driving just boring the tears out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

yeah I'm the same, I'm about 5 hours into it and I'm fed up of it. I'm not bothered to complete it at all. its not doing it for me. the driving is some of the worst ever. vehicle controls are muck and feels way too arcadey. unrealistic. the pop up is quite bad too. really regret buying this now. roll on skyrim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only started playing,constant crashing initially but that was sorted after driver updates and the patch.
    Ive no texture issues at all, graphics are very nice as with most pc games these days,i really like the art design.
    Guns feel very good as to be expected from id but as of yet the wow factor isnt there for me.
    Dont get me wrong its not a bad game by any means but it feels like borderland with corridors.
    Why they put such emphasis on vehicles is beyond me, it feels like mario kart if im being honest, totally pointless and needless.
    Im not too far into it, only just started the dead city i think its called? so im hoping it improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dcully wrote: »
    Only started playing,constant crashing initially but that was sorted after driver updates and the patch.
    Ive no texture issues at all, graphics are very nice as with most pc games these days,i really like the art design.
    Guns feel very good as to be expected from id but as of yet the wow factor isnt there for me.
    Dont get me wrong its not a bad game by any means but it feels like borderland with corridors.
    Why they put such emphasis on vehicles is beyond me, it feels like mario kart if im being honest, totally pointless and needless.
    Im not too far into it, only just started the dead city i think its called? so im hoping it improves.

The first mission to Dead City is probley the best part in the game so if it dosen't click for you there I doubt you will like the other half of the game tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Almost 7gb install on the PS3 :eek:

Venom wrote: »
    The first mission to Dead City is probley the best part in the game so if it dosen't click for you there I doubt you will like the other half of the game tbh.

such a great atmosphere in dead city......so tense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

such a great atmosphere in dead city......so tense
    When you 1st enter it and the road above is quaking and you get glimpses of the huge beast!!!!!!
    Terror-tastic :eek:

When you 1st enter it and the road above is quaking and you get glimpses of the huge beast!!!!!!
    Terror-tastic :eek:
    stop I nearly shat myself
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The attack on the shrouded (The RC Car mission) is brilliant.
    Going backup the lift, with them chasing up the stairs after you and everything explodes around you.
    Real die Hard moment :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The sound you hear when you pick up a box of pinkies made me laugh. Ah nostalgia!

The attack on the shrouded (The RC Car mission) is brilliant.
    Going backup the lift, with them chasing up the stairs after you and everything explodes around you.
    Real die Hard moment :D

I died a few times there, and noticed it play out a few ways when you rearch the top. 1st time
    I stayed on the lift too long and it dropped from under me and I fell to my doom, 2nd time I ran for cover at the top and 2 Authority goons ran on to it and all I heard was "Oh ****tttttttttttttttttttt" I went over to investigate and got too close to the edge and fell to my doom once again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I wasn't blown away by the gameplay videos on this game but I am seriously considering picking it up when the price drops.

I just can't commit to it with Skyrim, Arkham City and BF3 on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Rage only arrived in today's post! it was meant to have been posted last Thursday and I live in Dublin!

Edit: ordered off gamestop.ie by normal snail mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Maximilian wrote: »
    The sound you hear when you pick up a box of pinkies made me laugh. Ah nostalgia!

Quakeish ?

• Advertisement

Rage only arrived in today's post! it was meant to have been posted last Thursday and I live in Dublin!

did you order off gamestop.ie?

did you order off gamestop.ie?

Sorry, meant to put that in the post - yes gamestop.ie by normal post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I got mine today too notahappycamper.
    Did you get the anarchy edition?
    I preordered it and I didn't get the anarchy edition it would seem.
    Theres nothing on the box about it being the anarchy edition so it appears to be just the normal edition.
    I don't know whether it has any of the anarchy dlc with it or not as I haven't opened it yet.
    If it does great , if it doesn't nevermind.
    Gamestop did say to me in an email that I would get the anarchy edition if I preordered it.
    So anyway not really that bothered if I don't get that dlc anyway just glad to have the game.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I got mine today too notahappycamper.
    Did you get the anarchy edition?
    I preordered it and I didn't get the anarchy edition it would seem.
    Theres nothing on the box about it being the anarchy edition so it appears to be just the normal edition.
    I don't know whether it has any of the anarchy dlc with it or not as I haven't opened it yet.
    If it does great , if it doesn't nevermind.
    Gamestop did say to me in an email that I would get the anarchy edition if I preordered it.
    So anyway not really that bothered if I don't get that dlc anyway just glad to have the game.

I didn't even open it as I was late for work! I just know it's there so don't know if it's the Anarchy Edition or not - but I had emailed them previously and was told I'd be getting the Anarchy Edition so it better be! I'm sure you can email them and ask them for the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I opened it up and no it hasn't any of the anarchy edition dlc.
    I emailed gamestop about it like you suggested so I'll wait and see what happens.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I opened it up and no it hasn't any of the anarchy edition dlc.
    I emailed gamestop about it like you suggested so I'll wait and see what happens.

Last few times I got any preorder dlc in gamestop it was a code on an A4 printout.

Yup if you ordered the anachy edition,you'll get the code on a A4 Piece of paper,I could sworn I ordered it too and went to check there and its there,just as well I checked too was gonna chuck in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I pre-ordered the pc version and didn't get the dlc code either, I emailed em and they gave me one no probs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What is the anarchy dlc? I just bought the standard one in hmv for €42 and there was a sewers dlc thing included. Is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ktulu123 wrote: »
    What is the anarchy dlc? I just bought the standard one in hmv for €42 and there was a sewers dlc thing included. Is that it?

No, the A edition gives you early access to the shotgun, special armor, a special buggy and the fists of rage.

Advertisement