Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

From GameStop? I didn't pre-order, got the Anarchy Edition in the proper Anarchy Edition box with the proper leaflet inside (not an A4 print-out) with DLC codes.

To be honest though, the sewer missions add something but the other additions I'd prefer to do without, at least until I finished the game once with the normal setup. I mentioned above, starting the game with extra weapons, more powerful car and pimped up armor feels like I've paid money for a cheat code.

I'll never know what it's like to really run out of ammo and get left with your ****ty fists because my "Fists of Rage" can kill a man with one shot, from the very start of the game.

If you've yet to install the game I'd leave out those extras until after your first run through. Do install the Sewer missions though.
    No, the A edition gives you early access to the shotgun, special armor, a special buggy and the fists of rage.
    The leaflet I got with the Anarchy Edition had weapons, buggy, etc. code on one side and the sewer DLC code on the other. Seems to be all part of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Thats grand gamestop.ie sorted it for me.
    They emailed me the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Thats grand gamestop.ie sorted it for me.
    They emailed me the code.

Did it include the code for the Sewers DLC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The sewers dlc comes with every new copy of the game regardless of the edition.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

TinCool wrote: »
    Quakeish ?

Those pink demons from Doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yep as CombatCow said the sewers code came with the game.
    They emailed me the anarchy code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

how much do you think gamestop would give me for rage if i were to trade in against another game!! wondering if i should trade in or sell on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So guys any final verdict on the PC version?? Is it still having major graphical issues or were they sorted out??

Have been completely immersed in Dark Soul's the past week but may pick this up in a week or two as I still think it looks great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Big Knox wrote: »
    So guys any final verdict on the PC version?? Is it still having major graphical issues or were they sorted out??

Have been completely immersed in Dark Soul's the past week but may pick this up in a week or two as I still think it looks great!!

I think the patch + latest graphic card drivers has sorted out 99% of the issues people were having.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »

Ive no issues whatsoever now on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Not a problem here.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It's all good with me but I have heard of some people continuing to have issues. Seems to be the exception now though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

No problems here recently either.

Ironically given the technical meltdown of the first few days the gameplay itself seems to have very few major bugs which is impressive in itself for a fairly large game like this (I haven't really come across anything of note so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Good news glad to hear they sorted it, and opinions on the game itself??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's a fun if not very innovative linear shooter. It's been said before but id know how to make a satisfying shotgun! The AI is pretty impressive with nimble bandits and mutants using cover or eating up the environments.

The RPGlite elements have you drive from A to B to talk to or shoot someone all while following the dotted line on the minimap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I am really enjoying it so far the shooter element is top notch. What I especially like about it is the variety of enemies in the game and their different combat styles. In some sections you will be charging into the middle of horde of agile bandits with a shotgun and wingsticks, and in other sections you'll find yourself grinding it out against heavily armoured opponets who dig in for cover. The customisation and engineering aspect of the game are very well done too. It has to be said the story isn't great and exists primarly to move you along to the next bandit slaughtering location.

As for the driving section it handles really well if you have a gamepad (and ok with WASD), and is kinda fun especially at first, but as others have said it feels a little arcadey, and once you have pimped your ride a little bit the health/damage imbalance between you and the enemy vehicles kind of ruins any combat tension.

All in all though an enjoyable affair IMO and pretty well exactly what what I was expecting. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Loved the "Well" Mission rushing around in under ground with the water dripping down across your face and bandits swinging out of the roof attacking you awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well after that ending I'm very annoyed.

I just ends :confused:
    The last level is not long at all, No Boss , no face or head of the authority they you might be going after in a sequel or nothing
    I enjoyed the game, but this is just sequel-mongering :mad:

Played on nightmare and was saving my
    BFG Rounds
    for something worthy of them. I played the end bit with a shotgun pop rocket rounds and a sniper rifle...... On nightmare...... and anyone who has played co-op FPS games with me know how bad I suck at them.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 19 conor2me

Anyone try this on the playstation move?? saw an episode of Breaking Bad and it was played with a move and a gun.Would it be worth getting the guns for it do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

conor2me wrote: »
    Anyone try this on the playstation move?? saw an episode of Breaking Bad and it was played with a move and a gun.Would it be worth getting the guns for it do you think?

Must check that out don't think it has move support but if it does ill be all over that, sharpshooter is the best thing since the potatoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

conor2me wrote: »

That was just a mock up, its a standard FPS with standard FPS controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only had time to play it for an hour this morning on the Xbox after it took about 30 minutes to install (22gb is pretty hefty). However it looks absolutely amazing. By far the best game I've seen on the console graphically and it's a minor miracle that ID managed to get it looking this good on a five year old machine. Early gameplay seems very reminicient of Borderlands which is fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say there's so much good in this game but I was trying to figure out what it's missing...I think what I came up with is that it lacks SOUL.
    It's beautiful to look at, AI is pretty good, story is there just not really expanded, Great guns and sounds but it just seems to try too many things right and ends up with a Game that doesn't quiet know what it's trying to be.
    I'm tempted to trade it in without finishing it and picking it up when it's cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oddly enough, that's exactly how I feel about Deus Ex, which I traded in for Rage yesterday. Hope I don't end up feeling the same about Rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Oddly enough, that's exactly how I feel about Deus Ex, which I traded in for Rage yesterday. Hope I don't end up feeling the same about Rage.

Maybe we're just getting Old lol :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Still astounded at how well optimized this is. are other developers not trying hard enough? first game I have seen that challenges and defeats the slick but also linear COD build maybe the secret is in the linearity?!

60fps to 30fps in gaming is night and day. not had any eye strain with 60fps. so fluid and enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

calex71 wrote: »
    Well after that ending I'm very annoyed.

I just ends :confused:
    The last level is not long at all, No Boss , no face or head of the authority they you might be going after in a sequel or nothing
    I enjoyed the game, but this is just sequel-mongering :mad:

Played on nightmare and was saving my
    BFG Rounds
    for something worthy of them. I played the end bit with a shotgun pop rocket rounds and a sniper rifle...... On nightmare...... and anyone who has played co-op FPS games with me know how bad I suck at them.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I too was very, oh, that it? All the rounds I was saving, for nothing really, very disappointed with the end mission.

Otherwise quite enjoyed the game, nothing ground breaking or genre setting, but an enjoyable game. The driving thing was a bit, needless really. Didn't even do a quarter of the races or bother upgrading my vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Loving this game on the pc at the moment but im wondering how do you put a boomerang at Q ?

Headshot wrote: »
    Loving this game on the pc at the moment but im wondering how do you put a boomerang at Q ?

You can have have 4 active quick use items (wingsticks, grenades, bandages etc) so what you do is assign it to one of the quick use slots on the inventory page. You can then toggle between them in game using F1 ->F4.

Its the same for the vehicle items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

marco_polo wrote: »
    You can have have 4 active quick use items (wingsticks, grenades etc) that you can assign in the inventory, simply place it in one of the four slots and you can then toggle in game between them using F1 ->F4.

Its the same for the vehicles items.

ah that's what I wanted to know

thanks Marco

Advertisement