Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hey guy's, I'm just after winning a new car in the races in wellspring. I want to progress further in the races but I have not bought the rocket upgrade yet and the only races left open to me are rocket races. Any ideas where I can get more points so I can buy one?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can fight bandit cars about the wasteland around Wellspring. Talk to the owner in Wellspring's bar to enable this quest and pop back to collect points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tuxy wrote: »
    Hey guy's, I'm just after winning a new car in the races in wellspring. I want to progress further in the races but I have not bought the rocket upgrade yet and the only races left open to me are rocket races. Any ideas where I can get more points so I can buy one?

You can re play races can you not?

calex71 wrote: »
    You can re play races can you not?

You can but you get no points from ones you have already won. The bandit cars around wellspring just give me regular cash not points I need to buy car upgrades. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Girl behind the bar in Wellspring will give you both points and cash for the cars you destroy in the wasteland.

• Advertisement

Ah I didn't realise that. Thanks :)

I picked this up on Friday. It looks fantastic but it's missing something. Usually when I get a game I have to finish it, since I turned it off yesterday I have had absolutely no urge to play it again. It's a really bland game.

• Well that ending was crap and rushed. The game was a good rent, nothing more.
    Heres to a 32 squid trade in for the Big Batman this Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game looks and plays great, well the gun play doess but the vehicular parts are totally needless and tedious.
    However its lacking in a big way.
    Im just finding it boring and tedious if im being honest, no real urge to continue playing let alone finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

just got this for PC. Doesn't run too well at all. Fps is poor and theres something wrong with the textures. PC isn't exactly bad (amd phenomII 6 core1055T, 4gb ram, 5870). Starting to think i wasted my moneh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

just got this for PC. Doesn't run too well at all. Fps is poor and theres something wrong with the textures. PC isn't exactly bad (amd phenomII 6 core1055T, 4gb ram, 5870). Starting to think i wasted my moneh.

If you haven't done so already try the 11.10 preview drivers, the last official release driver (11.9) does have the Rage fixes included.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

Runs great on my system (HD4870 + Phenom II X 4)so your setup shouldnt be having any problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Runs great for me on PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    Runs great for me on PC.

same here

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just finished it there now. What a completely rushed second half and a piss poor ending. Disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I think I might get this, even though alot of people dont like it, watching videos of it makes me want to play it. Its probably because I like doom 3 so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

spix wrote: »
    I think I might get this, even though alot of people dont like it, watching videos of it makes me want to play it. Its probably because I like doom 3 so much

Rent it out

I liked the game at the start but its just really boring to play now

One of the most repetitive games iv played for some time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm still loving it, I have to say, but I've always had a huge soft spot for the simple "here's a gun, shoot what moves" style.

Was disappointed with Doom 3 because it was so slow (and dark), with too much 1-on-1 big baddie combat. Far too much time spent admiring the scenery and none of the intensity of the old Doom games.

Really think they've got it back with Rage, though. One of those first missions in the Subway I just finished... endless hordes of mutants... jesus that was an intense 10 - 20 minutes with a shotgun, frantically blasting mutants as they pile at me three or four at a time, jumping off walls and ceilings. Great fun.

And so well polished. Really looks amazing, and plays great. Top game imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I've been playing this on the xbox 360 and now a bit into disc 2.

and its .... its not a great game. Its certainly not a bad game. But not as good as you would expect it to be (after all, its id software and its been in development for years)

It kinda just falls short.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

Just finished it. Have to say I enjoyed it but...
    the end if ya could call it that was lazy, so rushed and not thought of as much importance. Like The gun they gave you just pawned any thing in its path which took away a lot and there was no boss as such, more hordes yea but that was it really. Disappointing end to a good game, lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

niemad wrote: »
    Just finished it. Have to say I enjoyed it but...
    the end if ya could call it that was lazy, so rushed and not thought of as much importance. Like The gun they gave you just pawned any thing in its path which took away a lot and there was no boss as such, more hordes yea but that was it really. Disappointing end to a good game, lame.

Yeah I said pretty much the same only I didn't actually use the
    BFG
    I was saving it for something that never came :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Theres been a lot of mixed opinions on this game but I really enjoyed it. It has a couple of major short commings, mainly the story and espically the ending but I though the game play was brillant, The shooting and the wepons were top notch. The driving and races were a lot better that I though they would be. The art design and graphics were deadly aswell even tho there was some wicket texture pop in in certain areas on ps3.

Finished it and traded it into gamestop yesterday. They were only offering 20 for it but I got 30 because I booked uncharted 3. Thought that was a bit low for a game thats only been out two weeks. I got 40 for portal 2 after having it for over a month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres been a lot of mixed opinions on this game but I really enjoyed it. .

Same here,I'm coming to the end of it I think.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just wonder went it will end up in bargain bin... it cant be that far away.

So wellspring went well for me and I enjoyed it. Now I'm in a new town and the missions make it feel like I'm just replaying an earlier section of the game. I was really enjoying it but now I'm totally bored :(

Also I am playing on hard difficulty. Bandages and 2 Defibrillator charges. Where's the challenge?

what a stupid ending :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

not too keen on games ending abruptly after nip in bud mission by way of having to board another feckin spaceship. never seems to fit

This was a superb technical demo. but turned out to be smaller and more linear than I expected, must be why they were able to pull it off. A lot of time and effort for an ultimately small package

They were meant to release mod tools on release and they still haven't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Traded it in for Batman today. Rage and 99c for Arkham City in GAME.

Rage was just dull for me. It looked amazing and was a great technical feat, but the game itself was tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Its texture popping screen tearing ****e. I've installed all the updates/drivers and its still like your playing in slow motion. Supposed to be okay for nVidia cards but not for ATi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Its texture popping screen tearing ****e. I've installed all the updates/drivers and its still like your playing in slow motion. Supposed to be okay for nVidia cards but not for ATi.

The Rage patch and ATI preview driver made the game ran perfect with everything maxed out for me using an 5870.

Just need to uninstall the current drivers before sticking on the new ones.

Advertisement