Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Thanks, the preview driver fixed it. The game is actually playable now. The AMD Catalyst™ - Rage Performance Driver did not help but once i installed 11.10 its perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thanks, the preview driver fixed it. The game is actually playable now. The AMD Catalyst™ - Rage Performance Driver did not help but once i installed 11.10 its perfect.

For some reason the first driver released was bugged to hell. ATI make awesome hardware but Christ there software is ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Goodshape wrote: »
    I'm still loving it, I have to say, but I've always had a huge soft spot for the simple "here's a gun, shoot what moves" style.

Really think they've got it back with Rage, though. One of those first missions in the Subway I just finished... endless hordes of mutants... jesus that was an intense 10 - 20 minutes with a shotgun, frantically blasting mutants as they pile at me three or four at a time, jumping off walls and ceilings. Great fun.

And so well polished. Really looks amazing, and plays great. Top game imo.

+1. Played about 7 hours so far and some it is great. The first time I entered dead city I forgot to buy enough bullets and it was the best most intense gaming I've had in a long time. The jumpy mutants and musical score really get you sucked into it. There's a great feel to the weapons too. Playing on hard its a decent challenge but not too hard. Good fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

This game really showed up the pc brigade for a change :D I do not want to wade through posts about fiddling with drivers n graphics cards, etc just about how flawlessly amazing it runs.. on a console. multiplatform games threads in individual platform forums is no bad thing ;-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know trade in value for PS3 version in GAME or Xtravision? Need to get rid of it for UC3..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LH Pathe wrote: »
    This game really showed up the pc brigade for a change :D I do not want to wade through posts about fiddling with drivers n graphics cards, etc just about how flawlessly amazing it runs.. on a console. multiplatform games threads in individual platform forums is no bad thing ;-

Showed up the pc brigade?
    How does a developers bad design show up pc users exactly?:rolleyes:

FWIW The game played perfect for me straight away,i installed and played with not a single issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Pretty much every time a new console game is released you see posts about how the game killed their console. I'll take a quick software update over dead hardware any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got this today in gamestop for 18 quid ( PC ).

First impressions: Animations is really great, but voice acting in battles is just horrible!

the lack of visual settings for PC title is just sad, my rig is pretty powerful by todays standards and it runs on extremely high FPS, but i have no idea if its on high settings as some of the textures look really ****. got some weird visual glitch, where i get a random static stripe in parts of the screen... its nt very noticeable, but sort of annoying.

So far really not bad, but i wouldnt have paid full price for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I was right. All of you will forget about this game in few months.

This is the prove lol.

Anyway. Just out of dead city and I can honestly say: I was scared and nervous in there. Atmosphere was briliant.

This game really pulls me in in such parts, but the whole driving section is just annoying. Unfortunatly I will need to do some more of those ****y races to upgrade buggy as its getting raped now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

I am playing this at the minute, picked it up very cheaply before Xmas. Its great value at the moment really. Seems to be a lengthy game, decent graphics and a decent storyline aswell. I'd certainly recommend it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

budhabob wrote: »
    I am playing this at the minute, picked it up very cheaply before Xmas. Its great value at the moment really. Seems to be a lengthy game, decent graphics and a decent storyline aswell. I'd certainly recommend it anyway.

It's far from lengthy. In fact it just abruptly ends far too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah I thought this game was really good, thinking to myself so much has happened and I have a whole other disk to go then bam, the game ends and the second disk is just multiplayer.
    Its a good game but such a let down at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭budhabob

Yeah I thought this game was really good, thinking to myself so much has happened and I have a whole other disk to go then bam, the game ends and the second disk is just multiplayer.
    Its a good game but such a let down at the end.

ah Crap....I was thinking I had the 3rd disc to go so thought there was loads left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I've a 27 inch 3.1 quad i5 imac with a 2gb graphics card and rage runs like ****.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Under Windows or OS X? There were a bunch of technical issues at launch that were eventually resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm still furious about how this game ended, felt cheated out of my money almost. the underdeveloped game play and tacked on MP like how it wanted to be borderlands or even bioshock with the way the weapons dev was just not as clever were ok because the story held it, but then it ends and how it ends while there's whole dvd to go that just just has tacked on MP that no one plays / plays correctly :mad:

Once bitten twice shy iD can take their sweet time with the follow up and then some.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm still furious about how this game ended, felt cheated out of my money almost. the underdeveloped game play and tacked on MP like how it wanted to be borderlands or even bioshock with the way the weapons dev was just not as clever were ok because the story held it, but then it ends and how it ends while there's whole dvd to go that just just has tacked on MP that no one plays / plays correctly :mad:

Once bitten twice shy iD can take their sweet time with the follow up and then some.

I take your points but shut up and take my Doom 4 money!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

marco_polo wrote: »
    I take your points but shut up and take my Doom 4 money!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This is €10 on Steam at the moment, would people think it's worth it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought it this morning. Had been meaning to play it for a while, so figured why not. 21gb download though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kiith wrote: »
    I bought it this morning. Had been meaning to play it for a while, so figured why not. 21gb download though :(

Ugh, that's put me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I'm very tempted, but reckon I have a big enough library to work through as is. Might wait for the Christmas sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its worth 10 euro,its a good game,just a very bad ending and it felt like a console port,best part of the game was
    when you got to the dead city for the first time
    the atmosphere was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Bawn

New DLC for rage out tomorrow.

New difficulty level
    Six new areas
    Nailgun
    Option to continue after game ends

Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Finished the DLC in an hour and a half. Was good but... an hour and a half..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hardly worth installing the game again for that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Limericks wrote: »
    Finished the DLC in an hour and a half. Was good but... an hour and a half..

you can continue to roam the wasteland after ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

you can continue to roam the wasteland after ?

Yeah but I have already got the main story completed and all of the side quests too so roaming around gets boring. Not much to do but kill bandit cars.

Limericks wrote: »
    Yeah but I have already got the main story completed and all of the side quests too so roaming around gets boring. Not much to do but kill bandit cars.

ya thats crap,I'm not gonna bother with it so,they promised mod tools too for pc but that never happened either

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC Mod Tools are finally out.

It's eh... 35GB on Steam.

Advertisement