Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage

1101112131416»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PC Mod Tools are finally out.

It's eh... 35GB on Steam.

WTF?!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

So if I wanted to download the original game + the mod tools thats over 55GB.

What actually included in those Mod Tools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hahaha what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Are they releasing these so we can fix the game ourselves?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So if I wanted to download the original game + the mod tools thats over 55GB.

What actually included in those Mod Tools?

The devs said themselves its pretty much the tools they had to make the game from the ground up.

Beginners modders avoid, basically!

But yeah, 35GB is a hell of a lot. But then again, I would imagine there will be great mods made from RAGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

35GB, fackin' hell.

Would want to be a seriously powerful tool for that. Hopefully some skilled folk can put good use to that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

just finished this on the 360 and really enjoyed it. The first town was better but I thought the ending was fine and the scorchers dlc was only 400 so im about halfway through it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Probably best to give it a year, let them figure out the tools and then revisit it when the mods are in a decent form. Was RAGE actually good ? I own it, never got around to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Probably best to give it a year, let them figure out the tools and then revisit it when the mods are in a decent form. Was RAGE actually good ? I own it, never got around to it though.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Just don't expect anything revolutionary in gameplay – despite the fancy graphics and a wafer-thin veneer of "open world", it's basically an old-school, fast-paced, if-it-moves-kill-it kinda game.

But id Software have always been pretty good at those, so... yeah. I liked it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got it for a fiver the other week, not a bad game but found the driving annoying, lack of a map annoying. Building things i would never use for no apparent reason.

Sniper rifle / Shotgun /Pop Rockets and when i had to endure a round of mutants used the Sentrys. When fighting bandits in their home I brought the bot along.

Only other guns i used where ones i had before i got the shotgun and sniper rifle.

Not a bad game but the last level is crap, i expected another mission to fight a certain person. Assumed thats why i kept picking up all the BFG ammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got it for a fiver the other week, not a bad game but found the driving annoying, lack of a map annoying. Building things i would never use for no apparent reason.

Sniper rifle / Shotgun /Pop Rockets and when i had to endure a round of mutants used the Sentrys. When fighting bandits in their home I brought the bot along.

Only other guns i used where ones i had before i got the shotgun and sniper rifle.

Not a bad game but the last level is crap, i expected another mission to fight a certain person. Assumed thats why i kept picking up all the BFG ammo.

I thought the scorchers DLC was a pretty good effort for a final level/boss

Advertisement