Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My old trains

Options
  • 27-01-2011 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have some Model trains from the mid to late 70s, and wondered if they are worth anything?

I have a CIE no. 215 black and orange engine, Lima made in italy
    and a Class 33 BR Dark Blue D 6524, Lima made in italy
    and a Black 4F no. 628 Flying snail, Lima made in italy
    and some coaches but no track

any info would help thanks....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

ledzep4 wrote: »
    I have some Model trains from the mid to late 70s, and wondered if they are worth anything?

Welcome to the Models forum! :)
    Cookie_Monster is well versed in model Irish trains.
    I'm sure you will get a reply when he pops in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Don't listen to Cookie Monster,
    he'll tell you they're worthless and give you a tenner for the lot!!
    :pac:

Anything Irish is relatively rare and generally in demand, subject to being in good nick etc. Ebay would be a good place to sell or check out http://irishrailwaymodeller.yuku.com/ where all us model train geeks hang out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ledzep4

thanks tabnabs i'll check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You'd get decent enough money on them.
    Personnally I have no interest in stuff that old but collectors will be interested.

On that link above to IRM.yuku, a guy called Wrenneire is a good bet for valutaion and maybe purchase, he collects / trades all that stuff :)

thanks Cookie Monster will check him out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Whizzzz

A friends father is mad into Trains and has his entire attic converted with a pretty big collection. He goes to most of the model fairs around the country and in the UK and knows most of the other enthusiasts – if he isn’t interested in buying them himself I’d say he would know someone who might be. Send me a note if you are interested and I can make an introduction for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

Hi ledzed. Ramsey's 'British Model Trains Catalogue' (6th edition) lists the Class 33 in the range of £25 to £35, where the lower price would be an unboxed example in good condition and the higher would be a boxed, mint condition item.

The catalogue lists some Irish locomotives but I could not find the two others you mention. They are some Lima-made Irish coaches listed at around the £20 mark.

Have a look on Ebay where these kind of collectibles turn up a lot.

thanks Earth Traveller

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

Definately worth putting it on Ebay (or at least checking out Ebay for comparison prices), Irish OO gauge normally sells very well, fairly large number of UK modellers have become interested in the Irish scene.

Thanks Maverick88, I've moved these on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thanks Maverick88, I've moved these on now.

Did Wrenneire take them all?

I though I say a photo of his with that black shunter in it, though it could be another one...

Advertisement