Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing ICB History on a joint mortgage

Options
  • 27-01-2011 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this is "No", but just thought I'd ask anyway.

I had a joint mortgage with my wife that went a few months into arreers 3 years ago. Completely my own fault at the time. It was all paid off in the end and the Mortgage was cleared (when we sold the house).

Because this was a joint mortgage, these arreers are appearing on both our ICB reports. Would there be any chance of getting them taken off my wifes and leaving them on mine only. Could we plead that, because the DD was coming from my account, that it was my mess up ??? Or is there any other angle we could plead ?

I know the answer is probably No, but just thought I would ask. It is really facking up my wifes otherwise perfect history at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

BnB wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I know the answer to this is "No", but just thought I'd ask anyway.

I had a joint mortgage with my wife that went a few months into arreers 3 years ago. Completely my own fault at the time. It was all paid off in the end and the Mortgage was cleared (when we sold the house).

Because this was a joint mortgage, these arreers are appearing on both our ICB reports. Would there be any chance of getting them taken off my wifes and leaving them on mine only. Could we plead that, because the DD was coming from my account, that it was my mess up ??? Or is there any other angle we could plead ?

I know the answer is probably No, but just thought I would ask. It is really facking up my wifes otherwise perfect history at the moment.

not possible unfortunately, she was an equally liable party on the account and any missed payments must be reflected on her ICB. doesnt matter where the DD was coming from as was just a method of payment used.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Unfortunately as you guessed and confirmed above you cannot have them removed. All borrowers have joint and severable liability for the debt and the ICB has to reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

While on the subject, does anyone know if there is a time limit to bad credit on the ICB?
    For example if you've been clear, no debts etc for 5 or 7 years does it wipe the slate clean?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annabelle79

Think its 5 years.

My husband had a bad ICB when we bought our house and he had to contact his bank directly and plead with them to remove the Icb rating

Not sure if you can still do this though.

My husband did the same as you, and we now once again have a bad ICB, he seems to have a recurring theme doesnt he!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

sorry for hijacking the thread. Just a quick question. My partner and I are having issues getting a mortgage, he is divorced. When his marriage broke up, it was decided by court he would pay maintainance and his ex would be responsbile for the mortgage as he no longer lived in family home. This is in writing from his solicitor. We have been refused 2 mortgages and both have said contact the ICB. The issue possibly is that he never took his name off the mortgage and his ex did not pay for 9 months. Can he contact the ICB and get this changed? I presume it is this that is affecting his rating. We have requested a copy of it and are waiting on it.
    thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement