Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Just wanted to share my new website design which I'm quiet excited about (not 100% finished yet though,some tweaking to do) ; Fullscreen design, Here's the abstract gallery which I like (don't view on mobile, I have to modify it for mobile best viewing) http://www.photoblog.ie/gallery/abstract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

dinneenp wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my new website design which I'm quiet excited about (not 100% finished yet though,some tweaking to do) ; Fullscreen design, Here's the abstract gallery which I like (don't view on mobile, I have to modify it for mobile best viewing) http://www.photoblog.ie/gallery/abstract

I like the layout, looks much better than before. One thing is that the pictures on the front page don't look that sharp at 1920 x 1080 resolution. Lover the overall site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

My 24-70 F4L IS is starting to feel not as fluidly on the focus ring, anyone have experience with what would cause that and how it would be fixed? Don't like the idea of sending it off for a service when I've only used it a handful of times.

Delighted to say that some of my abstract photos will appear in the Reader Portfolio pages in the July 12 issue of Amateur Photographer. I'll post up the magazine pages when it's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Has anyone used the Tiopo flashes? More specifically I'm looking to see if a Triopo TR-982 would work with a Yongnuo YN-622 triggers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

vermeer's paintings may be a type of photography:

http://boingboing.net/2014/06/10/vermeers-paintings-might-be.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Photowalk on Thursday (Dublin) if anyone is interested in joining us.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90965595#post90965595

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Hi all. Took a break from Boards to spend a little time on real life matters (the most important of which was becoming a daddy :) The camera hasn't seen much action in a while but I have a pile of older stuff to repost for now. I look forward to contributing to the forum again. (Achtung Barry)

Oh and the rumours that I relapsed and have spent the last few months in HDR rehab are entirely without foundation.

RoiSoleil wrote: »
    Oh and the rumours that I relapsed and have spent the last few months in HDR rehab are entirely without foundation.

Seeing is believing ;) Looking forward to seeing your posts, welcome back!

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Seeing is believing ;) Looking forward to seeing your posts, welcome back!

I was keeping that copy of photomatix on my pc for a friend. I swear....

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭CK73

Do we get to see any of the pictures taken on the walk?

CK73 wrote: »
    Do we get to see any of the pictures taken on the walk?

I didn't get to take any - it lashed rain. I waited hoping it would dry up but in the end gave up. Another day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭CK73

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I didn't get to take any - it lashed rain. I waited hoping it would dry up but in the end gave up. Another day :)

That is a shame, but would it be wrong to be a little glad that I didn't miss out?

I'm looking at joining a club in September, so excited. This forum is inspirational x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hey guys,

I'll be popping in here frequently enough now :) I bought a Nikon D3200 a few months ago, and have gotten comfortable enough with the use of the camera. I still have quite a bit to learn about exposure, how to get the right balance, etc., but I'll get there. I haven't really taken too many interesting photos, though I've had some decent ones of family and that kind of thing.

Anyway, I'm away currently and didn't bring my camera as it would be wasted and probably broken! But I'll be back in the country in mid-July, and looking forward to learning more about photography! I've ordered two books that were recommended in this forum – the Photographer's Eye, and Digital Photography Masterclass. I'll also look (again) at taking a class of some sort, or maybe just joining a club. And I'll go to a few photowalks with ye if there are any happening towards the end of July! :D

Someone also mentioned that it's worth investing in a decent tripod, is that the case?

And also – what's the best website for getting cheap-ish camera gear? Would like to order a few things (tripod, case) while I'm away, so that they'll be there when I get home and I can hit the ground running! :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

not sure where i should put this tid bit so why not here;

if in the dark, use your phone light to get focus..................... better than not having focus.

maybe not mind blowing but really useful if you get stuck somewhere. in the dark like.

(or just pay 10k for real photographer gear which can shoot in the dark)

:D

Dave! wrote: »

Someone also mentioned that it's worth investing in a decent tripod, is that the case?

And also – what's the best website for getting cheap-ish camera gear? Would like to order a few things (tripod, case) while I'm away, so that they'll be there when I get home and I can hit the ground running! :D

Thanks!

Definitely grab a tripod, but you can get one in a bricks and mortar, no need to order online. You'll need one for any long exposure work - sunset/dusk/sunrise hours need a steady hand and a tripod for any decent shots. Also, can be used for macros and studio work - you'll get use out of it :)

I don't use any one site for gear, if I need something I check local shops, search on ebay or check with Ian Kerr (Flash Camera) - he's generally great for lenses etc. Other than that I pick up bits when in the US as it's quite a bit cheaper.

Depending on the kind of stuff you are into, maybe look into a wireless remote for night shots, filters if you want to freeze water for that milky look and lens wise, a nifty fifty is a great starting point :) (f1.8 50mm lens)

Enjoy!

Thanks for that :)

Yesterday I registered for this course, which is starting at the end of the month in the Gallery of Photography. Can't wait!

http://www.galleryofphotography.ie/introduction-to-creative-photography-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This morning, 9 swans under a bridge - with a train going over it. I actually reached for my camera.

I may need an intervention.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

DxO Optics Pro 7 for free here, ends July 31st. http://www.dxo.com/intl/practicalphotography

Fairytales Come To Life In Magical Photos by Russian Photographer Margarita Kareva

http://www.boredpanda.com/fantasy-photography-russian-photographer-margarita-kareva/

Quiet cool- graffiti of a camera around a window:
    http://www.streetartutopia.com/?attachment_id=14205

Street-Art-by-Collettivo-FX-in-Palermo-Italy-35t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Got a great quote for sensor cleaning today. €400 from Hasselblad to clean a 39mp sensor in a digital back. Pretty outrageous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,494 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

on a price per pixel basis, that's quite cheap. about one thousandth of a cent per pixel.
    maybe just ask them to clean the dirty pixels based on that rate, and the charge will be much less.

Phonies (including some very high profile phonies).

http://stopstealingphotos.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

• Advertisement

way too oversharpened though.

Advertisement