Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community food & craft Fair

Options
  • 27-01-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Join us at our first Greystones Community Food and Craft Fair and see our locally handmade selection of bakes and crafts.From jewellery to cakes and much more,you will be sure to find something of interest,maybe in time for Valentines Day.Tea and coffee available.
    Saturday 12th February 2011
    From 10am - 1pm
    Scout Den,Church road,Greystones.

A few greystones mum's have decided to do this fair as we felt our community needed something like this,and also to utilise a great wealth of talent that is out there in this current climate.We have a certain amount of tables and there is alot of interest already.Should you or indeed know anyone who might be interested please pm me .The tables cost only 15euro for this first fair to give everyone a chance to show their wares.

Please support your locality and pop in even if you don't have anything to sell,even to say hello. Help us to enhance our community spirit which is very much alive in greystones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Good on you! I will try and pop in there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Hi all

Just letting you all know,we have had a huge response to this so instead of rushing it we will be having it at easter in a bigger venue....watch this space;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Aquamarina

Hi Snowbabe, I am interested - how can I contact the organisers as I'd like to be kept informed? Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ISOBELCARTER

Is there a contact number for this Fair?:):)
    snowbabe wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Join us at our first Greystones Community Food and Craft Fair and see our locally handmade selection of bakes and crafts.From jewellery to cakes and much more,you will be sure to find something of interest,maybe in time for Valentines Day.Tea and coffee available.
    From 10am - 1pm

A few greystones mum's have decided to do this fair as we felt our community needed something like this,and also to utilise a great wealth of talent that is out there in this current climate.We have a certain amount of tables and there is alot of interest already.Should you or indeed know anyone who might be interested please pm me .The tables cost only 15euro for this first fair to give everyone a chance to show their wares.

Please support your locality and pop in even if you don't have anything to sell,even to say hello. Help us to enhance our community spirit which is very much alive in greystones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Miry

snowbabe wrote: »
    Hi everyone

From 10am - 1pm

Hi Snowbabe
    I make jewellery and I am REALLY interested in having a table in this fair. What do I have to do?
    Thanks a mill!
    Miriam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

I heard that because of the great response to this that they've moved the date to St Patricks day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 massage

Hi Snowbabe,
    Great idea.
    Could you let me know when this is on and how I can get in touch with organisers?
    Thanks!

Looks like I've been volunteered to help with this fair!:)
    So here's the latest
    The fair is on St. Patrick's Day in St. Patrick's N.S. from 12:30 until 3pm.
    So far we have 15 stalls and have room for a couple more. We will also have a tea and coffee area in the hall where the fair will be.
    There will also be hot food from The Steakhouse and there will also be crepes.
    We're also hoping that St. Patrick himself might turn up!:D

If you would like to have a stall them please contact me and I will forward your details to the stall organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Have you thought about advertising in the Greystones guide too? (It's free to put on their calendar).

I organised a sale a while ago and it was a huge success. I have booked to do another one, but I am having problems with getting public liability insurance! Any tips? I don't want to pass costs onto stallholders.

If you would like me to distribute leaflets for you, please let me know. I am involved in the local parent/toddler groups and other activities, and know of a good few people who make things too that might be interested in a stall.

All the best, I am sure it will be fantastic and I am going to try to pop in myself too.

We are now up to 20 stalls, with face painting and hot food as well as teas and coffees. The fair runs from 12:30 til 3:30 . There are posters in most shops in Greystones with all the information on them. Did I mention it's free in?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement