Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympus service station in Ireland?!

• 27-01-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I got my other half an Olympus FE5050 for Christmas off Amazon.co.uk and everything was fine until a few weeks ago a little slodge appeared on the screen.. That turned into this massive line that spans the length of the screen.

Amazon says it would be quicker to inform the manufacturer but when I was on Olympus' website they said I had to take the camera to an Olympus service station.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if Ireland even have an Olympus service station. I didn't see anything on the site about just directly sending it back to them. :/

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I had a problem with a lens, I had to post it to England, from there it was sent to their service centre in Portugal. The whole process took a little time but to be fair the lens was like new when it came back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

The camera I have is less than 2 months old and it hasn't been dropped or anything. I'm just a tad nervous they'll tell me they won't fix it and send it back to me and slap me with this 15 pound service charge they keep dropping at me when I contact them through email..

Was your camera new enough when the problem with the lens started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

It's one of the detachable lenses for a DSLR I had a problem with and no unfortunately it wasn't new enough to be still covered by the warranty (though when they sent it back it had a 6 month warranty from the repair shop).

TBH, I'll be inclined to let Amazon deal with it, tell them there is no service station convenient to you, your contract is with them, you bought the camera from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I went on Amazon and went about writing out the replacement form but then I saw that they said if the camera didn't reach them by the 31st of January they would charge me in full for the second camera.

Never again am I buying another electrical good off Amazon. They're being right **** heads about it. It can't even be just sent off before the 31st, it has to REACH them by that date and if there was any delay I'd be alot of money in debt.

Yish!

Advertisement