Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle buses around Portmarnock? Who? What? Where? and Why?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I’ve noticed a few shuttle buses going around Portmarnock.

One seems top say Lidl bus. The other says something else. :confused:

Are these the same company?

Also what are their routes?

I've been trying work out where they go. There's a Lidl, but there's also a train station in Baldoyle (Bayside).

Are they open to the public or for employees only.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I've seen those waiting in the station carpark. Across the disabled spaces, actually! The other minibus says something like "Portmarnock Shuttle Bus" on it. Don't know the routes, but the next time I get the chance I'll try to remember the name of the operators and give them a call.

(By the way, I don't know who'd get a bus to Lidl... but it could be the one down on the Malahide Road/Coolock that it goes to...)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think was from when they had their 10 year in ireland anniversary last year. live opposite lidl in baldoyle and shop weekly for work in the one in coolock and have never seen a shuttle bus at either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 archerslover

i saw one on swords road around omni centre as well, says lidl shuttle bus! would be great if they do that! no info found in their website tho,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

neris wrote: »
    I think was from when they had their 10 year in ireland anniversary last year. live opposite lidl in baldoyle and shop weekly for work in the one in coolock and have never seen a shuttle bus at either

Yeah, but I've only ever seen them this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

The shuttlebus apparently stops at bus stops and picks up folk to bring them to Portmarnock DART station, since there is no feeder bus to said station. Open to the public but I believe it costs a euro or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Barrett's are the operators - (01)8673047

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Just bumping this thread because its actually a really handy service and would like to see it do well.

It serves the village, all along the coast road up to Spar, Wendell Avenue, Redfern Avenue, Carrickhill Road and back to the station.

It runs Monday to Saturday 6.30am - 9.30am and 4pm - 8pm and on Sunday 9.30am - 11.30 and 4pm - 7pm. Oh and it costs €1 and runs every 15 minutes between the hours above.

Advertisement