Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 - webtext - sent but never delivered

Options
  • 27-01-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have problem with 02 webtext? For example when i text mobile number in Austria text never gets there. O2 support told me there is no issue on 02 network and intended receiver should check on their end with their provider. However there is no problem from Austria sending me text.
    I have number of contacts outside of Ireland i can’t get webtext delivered to them (not only in Austria) .
    Anyone else have problems with 02 webtext?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

been having problems with O2's web texting service all week.

i don't bother ringing them to complain because they are just useless to deal with.

sent a load of texts to the missus - also on O2 and she gets them at 2am when i sent them much earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

One thing to watch out for on O2 Webtext with international numbers is that if you had stored the number a long time ago. 44798345678 used to work on the website to send a text to the UK, but now you need the +44.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photonirvana

Does anyone have problem with 02 webtext? For example when i text mobile number in Austria text never gets there. O2 support told me there is no issue on 02 network and intended receiver should check on their end with their provider. However there is no problem from Austria sending me text.
    I have number of contacts outside of Ireland i can’t get webtext delivered to them (not only in Austria) .
    Anyone else have problems with 02 webtext?

What's even better, Fat_Fingers: O2 charges you for those texts which are never delivered!!! Isn't that nice?

Edit: sorry, they don't charge for webtexts, but they DO charge for texts from mobiles which are not delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photonirvana

By the way, Three do provide information on their website as to which services are available with which local provider. Here is Austria with billpay as an example (scroll to the bottom of the page). I have not been able to unearth similar information on the O2 website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

This happened to me at the weekend, sent O2 webtexts to different networks, the ones to O2 numbers were delivered, others were either late or didn't deliver at all. Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sent a few sceduled texts yesterday that didn't deliver, after noticing a message on the site stating they were experiencing problems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

this sounds like a classic excuse of i never got your text because either i was busy drunk or couldnt be arsed replying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Sent a few sceduled texts yesterday that didn't deliver, after noticing a message on the site stating they were experiencing problems :rolleyes:

I'm sending web texts the last few days and all I'm getting is sent, but their getting through ok as I'm receiving replies.

That said o2 are acting the complete bollox lately i.e 5 calls to customer care with no call back so I don't know what their game is (apart from forcing people to port)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭O2_Sheena

Hi all, sorry for the issues we're having with the webtext. Our technicians are working to resolve it as quick as we can but in the meantime you may find that webtexts can be delayed, not delivered or, as Bryaner mentioned, sent but not showing as delivered in the status message on webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

So is there any news on that? International webtexts are still not delivered :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Any update on this issue.

I have sent webtexts to the netherlands over the last few days, they where never delivered.

Can someone from O2, please update

Advertisement