Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello and childcare cost question

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am new to this thread so hello!!

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before but any help would be appreciated. I was wondering how much I can expect to pay for childcare in the Dublin area for 5 days a week full time.

I have a three month old baby and am considering my options regarding going back to work. I work long hours (up to 60 a week) and I work weekends. My husband does shift work so he works weekends too. I am considering a new job with more normal hours but will take a cut in salary to change jobs so am very interested in the cost of childcare. I have e-mailed a few creches and have not had great response. I have looked briefly online and most info seems to be outdated. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Our creche was 1076 a month full time.

opens 7:45 to 18:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Ours is 1000 full time- opens at 8am and closes at 6pm Monday to Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Just under €1,000 per month full-time, opens 8.30am-6.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Although we not fulltime anymore
    Ours is 875 ( for over 18mnths ) opens at 730 closes 630,

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Creche's not very flexible I'm afraid, from what you say I don't think they will suit you.

We found a childminder who minds our little one in her home and minds one other child who comes in after school. She charges €200/w (we live in Dublin). She feeds him for that as well. We supply SMA and nappies.

While we haven't agreed what we would pay her when she's not minding him we tend to give her half cost if we're away on holidays or something.

It's worked out really well for us. We found her through word of mouth but a friend of mine found her childminder my dropping a message through all the doors in her estate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

My experience is that babies cost more than toddlers. The difference is around Eur200.00 per month.
    One creche near us charge Eur1170.00 per month for the "baby room" until the child is ready for the "toddler room", then the price comes down a bit to around the Eur1000.00 per month.

Advertisement