Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having water cut off at night?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Just wondering if this is happening in many places. My water pressure begins to go down slowly after 9pm then it goes off totally by 10.30/11pm. Can't use washing machine / dishwasher etc. etc. It's annoying at this stage after a month.

Back on in the morning but low pressure means you can't use shower. It's been a few weeks now and you would have thought all leaks etc. ought to have been fixed.

I spoke to city council and the excuse of low water levels / high demand given to me seems ridiculous given the amount of rain we had a few weeks back.

I am in Knocknacarra by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I have similar problems to you, water gone when you want to turn on the dishwasher or washing machine, or if not gone, the pressure is too low for them to work.

Its a pain in the ass alright.
    Also based in Knocknacarra, high up, so it takes ages to come back in the morning, and not before I have to go to work.
    I've taken to showers in the evening before it gets cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Thanks Cormac. I am on higher ground also.

Maybe call the city council as well or email them if u get a chance Infor at bottom of this page http://www.galwaycity.ie/. Some extra pressure might help. Thanks!

Just saw the other post about the Tonabrucky reservoir...explains a lot. But not a mention of this when I spoke to them about it...just said there were low levels due to demand. Blatant lies. It's because of the leaking reservoir which have nothing to do with the poor weather apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

I'm getting pretty f*&king tired of having no water every night and every morning:mad: I'm in upper Rahoon/mincloon area and haven't had a decent water supply since well before christmas and its really starting to hack me off.(especially as the resevoir is just up the shagging road:rolleyes:)

Just checked the council page and they say that the water is off in the mornings but nothing about nights.

Anyone else having difficulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Hi Ttoppcat. Yep, same problem. No water just now. This has been intermittent for the past few weeks now. Goes off a lot of evenings & I keep my fingers crossed it's back on in the morning. I'm up high in Knocknacarra & sick of being told it's due to low pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Its ridiculous at this stage isn't it. I'm going to ring the council in the morning. Can see it making a difference but I might as well rant at them instead of on here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Good luck with that one! I'll ring in & get some of the neighbours in on it too. If the country wasn't so f**ked I'd make it an election issue!

Yes, it's downright unacceptable at this point.

Call the City Council and keep the pressure on them. Email them too customerservice@galwaycity.ie I've emailed and called them.

They claim it is the Co. Council in charge of this reservoir that are turning it off....due to "low levels". This is not due to lack of rain / or burst pipes due to icy weather.... it's leaking but they will barely acknowledge it. But it's up to them to get it sorted. I've also emailed a few councillors but have not got any decent responses other than some promises to follow it up with the council. The relevant engineers and people in charge need to get the finger out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

gandroid wrote: »
    Yes, it's downright unacceptable at this point.
    What, the water pressure? Or the way half the city was infected with crypto years after the money was made available to prevent it? Or the outer bypass? Or the potholes all over the city, some more than two feet deep? Or that all of the people who are meant to be sorting this out have taken it upon themselves to boycott a representative that we elected? Or that over a third of the council's budget goes on social and affordable housing purchased from "families labouring under a double mortgage"? Or any one of a hundred sordid little details like those?

There's a lot more wrong with the councils than a few leaky pipes, and it will take more than a few strongly worded emails to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

My water pressure was weird this morning..Spurting out. Headford Road

• Advertisement

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    What, the water pressure? Or the way half the city was infected with crypto years after the money was made available to prevent it? Or the outer bypass? Or the potholes all over the city, some more than two feet deep? Or that all of the people who are meant to be sorting this out have taken it upon themselves to boycott a representative that we elected? Or that over a third of the council's budget goes on social and affordable housing purchased from "families labouring under a double mortgage"? Or any one of a hundred sordid little details like those?

There's a lot more wrong with the councils than a few leaky pipes, and it will take more than a few strongly worded emails to sort it out.

All of the above...and having water turned off for long periods is just another example of this. And there is nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction with any and all of those things by whatever means possible. We need to do it and more of us need to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

gandroid wrote: »
    And there is nothing wrong with expressing dissatisfaction with any and all of those things by whatever means possible. We need to do it and more of us need to do it.
    Very true, just be aware of what you're dealing with. ;)

Don't I know it! ....and the fact you have highlighted...
    Amhran Nua wrote: »
    ...that all of the people who are meant to be sorting this out have taken it upon themselves to boycott a representative that we elected?
    is particularly frustrating. But we gotta keep reminding them of their duty I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ktod

Yes!

We are in Barna and it is really bad first thing in the morning until about 11am and then bad again in the evening/night.

Pain. In. The. Arse.

Advertisement