Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brilliant- Absolutely Brilliant - Can't See It Ever Happening Here Though

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

hondasam wrote: »
    Stupid McDonalds is a chip shop not a restaurant.

Have you seen that one in NYC where they do table service on plates and all. WTF, for some reheated shíte??? No, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Debthree wrote: »
    Even in bed? :(

Especially in bed.

In the nip FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Especially in bed.

In the nip FTW
    My girlfriend always knows if I'm mad at her if I sleep with any clothes on. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Ah, let's go back to the days of the black and white movies where all the men wore suits whether they were attending a wedding or cleaning muck out of a shore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭barnaclebill

If they implemented a rule like that in Dundalk, there would be a lot of starving teenagers!

Outside the house!

But I don't want to sleep outside the house. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

But I don't want to sleep outside the house. :(

Then don't wear them outside! they're for bed ,not intended for public consumption

Then don't wear them outside! they're for bed ,not intended for public consumption

I know I know, I'm just milking it. I think all outdoor pajama wearers should be shot on sight. I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

But Ronald McDonals:P is full of people in tracksuits? Is it time to sell the shares and invest in King?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

No the don't, the look like all lads their age.

No, not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

OisinT wrote: »
    My girlfriend always knows if I'm mad at her if I sleep with any clothes on. lol

I was going to be really rude here but better not :D

OisinT wrote: »
    Have you seen that one in NYC where they do table service on plates and all. WTF, for some reheated shíte??? No, thanks.

Imagine for valentine's day booking McDonald's restaurant.

prinz wrote: »
    No, not really.

what is wrong with them or how the are dressed ? the look fine imo.

Imagine for valentine's day booking McDonald's restaurant.

I worked with a guy once who got his parents a voucher for Lennox's chipper here in Cork, for Christmas. This should really go in the stingiest people thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Not sure if anything is wrong with them. But yeah, they are definitely dressed as scumbags.

• Advertisement

I worked with a guy once who got his parents a voucher for Lennox's chipper here in Cork, for Christmas. This should really go in the stingiest people thread.

how much did that cost? Two fish & chip around €12. he must really love his parents.

Not sure if anything is wrong with them. But yeah, they are definitely dressed as scumbags.

how are the dressed as scumbags ?

how much did that cost? Two fish & chip around €12. he must really love his parents.

Now to be fair to him, he was brand new to Cork and the parents were coming to visit before Christmas. We kind of wound him up and told him it was really really difficult to get into the place and that it was an exclusive restaurant and we got the voucher for 60 euro for him and he gave us the money. I really really should have mentioned that at the start. :D Classic work moment. I would so love to have been a fly on the wall when the parents got all dressed up and went up to the chipper.

how are the dressed as scumbags ?

Well, it's the whole package. Firstly, you have the blank/angry/dumb stare that they are all giving to the camera. The body language also suggests anger/stupidity. Clothing wise, two of them are wearing clothes that are very common with scumbags, tracksuits, hoodies. The third is wearing pretty normal clothes to be fair, jeans leather jacket.

But in total, yeah, it is a scumbag look.

Now to be fair to him, he was brand new to Cork and the parents were coming to visit before Christmas. We kind of wound him up and told him it was really really difficult to get into the place and that it was an exclusive restaurant and we got the voucher for 60 euro for him and he gave us the money. I really really should have mentioned that at the start. :D Classic work moment. I would so love to have been a fly on the wall when the parents got all dressed up and went up to the chipper.

how do ye treat people ye do not like :D

where was he from ?

• Advertisement

They look just fine if you're into combining the 'coming from the ghetto' style with a dodgy haircut and a vacant-eyed zombie expression. I never said anything was wrong with them either. I just challenged your assertion that they look like all lads their age, they don't.

Well, it's the whole package. Firstly, you have the blank/angry/dumb stare that they are all giving to the camera. The body language also suggests anger/stupidity. Clothing wise, two of them are wearing clothes that are very common with scumbags, tracksuits, hoodies. The third is wearing pretty normal clothes to be fair, jeans leather jacket.

so if you wear a hoodie or tracksuit you are a scumbag.

Newsflash !! people in suits can be scumbags also.

I hate this idea of judging people on what the wear or how the look.

They look just fine if you're into combining the 'coming from the ghetto' style with a dodgy haircut and a vacant-eyed zombie expression. I never said anything was wrong with them either. I just challenged your assertion that they look like all lads their age, they don't.

majority of lads their age wear hoodies, tracksuits and jeans.

majority of lads their age wear hoodies, tracksuits and jeans.

More to it than the style of clothing tbh. I wear hoodies and jeans myself. It's not about judging people either, just first impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

They should be banned everywhere.Last summer there was people wearing them in the zoo:eek:

The animals!:eek:

so if you wear a hoodie or tracksuit you are a scumbag.

Newsflash !! people in suits can be scumbags also.

I hate this idea of judging people on what the wear or how the look.

Hysterical overreaction there. I would love to see the "everyone who wears hoodies or tracksuits are scumbags" quote. Can you find it?

Also, did we limit what a scumbag can wear in this thread? No, more hysterics.

You hate judging people on appearance? Fine, get over it.

Hysterical overreaction there. I would love to see the "everyone who wears hoodies or tracksuits are scumbags" quote. Can you find it?

Also, did we limit what a scumbag can wear in this thread? No, more hysterics.

You hate judging people on appearance? Fine, get over it.

I think you are the hysterical one not me.

I think you are the hysterical one not me.

So does that mean you can't find where I or anyone said "everyone who wears hoodies or tracksuits are scumbags" or the other claim you made? Does that mean you made it up?

More to it than the style of clothing tbh. I wear hoodies and jeans myself. It's not about judging people either, just first impressions.

I get that but first impressions are often wrong.

I get that but first impressions are often wrong.

A small minority of the time in my own experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This is getting ridiculous, you'll need to bring a mini wardrobe with you every time you go out, soon a Saturday will require:

- casual wear for meeting up with the lads to watch the match
    - smart wear for heading to the pub after the game
    - something chic, shoes only for hitting the clubs after the pub
    - something between casual and smart for getting a burger after the club
    - something latex for when you go to her place after the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Joggers?

Pumps?

Wtf is he on about? :confused:

I assume some people trainign for a trialthlon were running by and had the pump in case they got a flat when they got to their bikes?

So does that mean you can't find where I or anyone said "everyone who wears hoodies or tracksuits are scumbags" or the other claim you made? Does that mean you made it up?

go take a chill pill, I have no idea what you are on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Keep feeding the tracksuited scum McDonalds food, it'll either kill them or make them too obese to go around stealing stuff, and society will benefit:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I get the feeling that you are the kind of person who watches CSI and gets a hard on for the clever script writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

When the hell did mcdonalds become snobby?

I get the feeling that you are the kind of person who watches CSI and gets a hard on for the clever script writing.

I get the feeling I have no idea what you are talking about? :confused: CSI? clever scriptwriting? :confused:

Is this "tracksuit" humour? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

LOL the boards.ie profiler :D:D

how do ye treat people ye do not like :D

where was he from ?

:D

He was from Dublin. A bit on the posh side, although very nice. But still posh people must be dealt with via meat patties and potato pies.

• Advertisement

:D

He was from Dublin. A bit on the posh side, although very nice. But still posh people must be dealt with via meat patties and potato pies.

you mean bring them down to your own level :D

Cork is not the capital you know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No the don't, the look like all lads their age.
    No they don't, they look like chavs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I suppose that some background would be needed to really understand why the manager instigated that policy, I am sure that he did not implement the ban because the place was full of U-18 Hoodie wearers that were well behaved.

Any business has the right to refuse to serve a customer.
    (Provided that they are not illegally discriminating against a minority)

Given that his staff were being threatened, the manager is required under employment law to provide a safe place to work for his employees and he was probably just attempting to do that by putting the ban in place.

It could be that the ban was targeted against a certain group/gang, but to avoid legal issues it was easier to ban a wider group to appear to be fair.

Just my 2c.

you mean bring them down to your own level :D

Cork is not the capital you know :pac:

Let's talk about it over dinner. I know this great exclusive restaurant you'd love.......

Let's talk about it over dinner. I know this great exclusive restaurant you'd love.......

fish & chips loads of salt and vinegar, Il skip the mushy peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Bit of a joke seeing as most teenagers wear tracksuit bottoms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How is it "brilliant"? Between tracksuits and pyjamas, some people seem to get very easily bothered. I know they can look strange/scruffy, but other than that, what's the actual problem with them? If they're a "scumbag uniform", it's the person wearing them who's engaging in the scumbag behaviour, not the clothing itself. The majority of those wearing them don't give you any hassle - there are more worthwhile things to get bothered by...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

People do realise that not everyone who wears a tracksuit pants is a scumbag right? Making assumptions of people based on what they wear is so ****ing short sighted and idiotic its not even funny. And to top it off, most of the people who hold those dickhead snobbish opinions have the fashion taste of a ****ing colour blind emo.

Bad move by McDonalds either way. They are in no position to take the moral highground, especially towards people who are paying their ****ing wages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

IF the Managers wanted to really make a Stand for the benefit of Humanity they should start to refuse to Serve the Obese.

If I walk up to a Bar Pished as a Coot the Barman knows he'll probablty get in trouble if he serves me more beer, If some 40 tone Barrel with Legs walks up to the Countrer in a Fast 'Food' Esrtablishment and orders 50000000000 Calories of greases and a Diet coke they too should be refused, it should also be made perfectly clear to them that they are being refused Because they are fatasses

DarkJager wrote: »
    People do realise that not everyone who wears a tracksuit pants is a scumbag right? Making assumptions of people based on what they wear is so ****ing short sighted and idiotic its not even funny. And to top it off, most of the people who hold those dickhead snobbish opinions have the fashion taste of a ****ing colour blind emo.

Oh the ironing...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Dudess wrote: »
    How is it "brilliant"? Between tracksuits and pyjamas, some people seem to get very easily bothered. I know they can look strange/scruffy, but other than that, what's the actual problem with them? If they're a "scumbag uniform", it's the person wearing them who's engaging in the scumbag behaviour, not the clothing itself. The majority of those wearing them don't give you any hassle - there are more worthwhile things to get bothered by...

Oh I never endorsed what that McDonalds did. I merely meant brilliant in the hilarious sense. McDonalds banning tracksuit bottoms. How is that not utterly brilliant?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement