Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelands number one muaythai fighter.

• 27-01-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Ok here goes long time reader first time poster.

As the title says who is ireland number one muaythai fighter.i have any idea but im just looking for everyone elses number one as it boils down to personal choice at the end of the day.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Stephen Meleady hands down no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DTB

stephen meleady,shane cadogan and mark casserly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

I am gonna say Shane C as no.1 best in Ireland

closely followed by Stevie Meleady and Stevie Hodgers.

Mark Casserly, well I would be biased if I said him, but he did win UKMF and IMC titles at super middle weight last year both with superb stoppages from spinning elbows, so deserves a mention. He has also fought from 76.4 to 85kg stopping the UK no.2 in just 1 rnd so has an impressive CV at the minute.

only my 2 cents worth

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

you asking for no 1 irish guy or any nationality fighting out of a irish gym?

you asking for no 1 irish guy or any nationality fighting out of a irish gym?

:confused: Really? Slovoiski, Bisayev, Wodinski... all formidable fighters but no 1?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 comikbookguy

Andy Gray form Cork Thai will be up there soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I am gonna say Shane C as no.1 best in Ireland

Thanks, I have been working out

Theres a few good irish fighters living abroad and fighting

Paddy obrien from monaghan living in scotland and fighting out off griphouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhbrX7a1Io

also josh palmer whos fighting james france,think he lives in canada and fights alot in thailand to..plus namoi ervine whos at bad company doesnt fight that much but really good.

im sure theres a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

Not to hijack the thread but since we are talkin about Irish fighters, stumbled across this on my travels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sus28ZOFso&feature=player_embedded# dont know how to put the actual video here.

Yeah that was Stephen Meleady in the red trunks fighting on the Kings Birthday, a top show to be on and giving away 5kg to the english lad and beat him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭martinh

josh palmer is a very active fighter been in with the very best.

anthony kane also been on the biggest promotions slamm events and thaifight bangkokand soon on here also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bruciesgym

Andy Gray is the man,accurate powerful shots everytime,wastes no shots and has a great defence.Hardly takes any punishment in return.Also Liam Doherty gona make his mark on the domestic scene this year.Has fought 21 times,19 of those being A Class and all outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

bruciesgym wrote: »
    Andy Gray is the man,accurate powerful shots everytime,wastes no shots and has a great defence.Hardly takes any punishment in return.Also Liam Doherty gona make his mark on the domestic scene this year.Has fought 21 times,19 of those being A Class and all outside Ireland.

Hey Andy, what weight does Liam fight at?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mugger

I would have said Shane C two or 3 years ago hands down,but Stephen Meleady is num 1 now,he has come on so much and fighting and beating all the top lads around his weight,and has been given away alot of weight in some fights and still wins,his weight is 57 to 59kgs,him and shane wud be a great fight but i think at the moment stephen wud win
    everybody else is after these 2 no question

i was goen mention liam also as an outsider people might not here of him had all his fights away in denmark with ole larsen and thailand.
    hes 74 give or take.

we might see him too soon andrew:)

Ya steven is a very busy fighter hope he now gets to fight best around england and europe.
    some great french a-class fights are there for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd agree with the majority view that Stevie's going to be unbeatable at his weight in Ireland. I'm gonna throw Jono Brackens name in there too though. I can't wait to see what he's like when he gets back from Thailand. He was already very technical going over there.

Yes, I know I'm biased. That's the nature of these things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bruciesgym

Liam is 73 to 75,broke his wrist in his last 3 fights but never gave it a chance to heal,has given it a good year and a half this time.Damien Trainor had the same problem years ago,kept rushing back and kept breaking again.Eventually gave it a good rest and hasn't had trouble since.

If were talking female no1 Emma Pye all her fights have been in the UK and hasnt lost yet..i am biased.:D

Khannie wrote: »
    I'm gonna throw Jono Brackens name in there too though. I can't wait to see what he's like when he gets back from Thailand. He was already very technical going over there.

He just got ranked 6th in the world by the WMC i hear

Havent seen many ladies fights but emma was very impressive in scotland.

Brendan O sheas girl looks good in training.

Bridgestone girls are after a fair few fights always seem to win i think.

Peetrik where you see these rankings???
    Like a look off them i havent seen wmc rankings in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Wow great responce i was expecting meleady and cadagon but theres a few names there that i never heard of to.

So stephen and shane are the around the same weight will this fight ever go ahead.

• Advertisement

Didnt see the ranking myself, I heard via Jonos facebook

Eddy L wrote: »
    So stephen and shane are the around the same weight will this fight ever go ahead.

That's the million dollar question. :)

That's Andrew Doyle I think you're talking about. They're actually around the same weight too (Andrew came up to meet me at 60, he'd normally fight below that as far as I know). That could be a good fight alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

Denis O Brien and Robert NG prob best of the lot in the clinch. Andy Gray very intelligent fighter gotta agree with Brucie there reckon he will be best in Ireland before long. Shane Cadogan prob pound for pound best at moment was unreal beating Illyas el Hajoui in cork last year. great Irish talent out there right now Steven Meleady and Jonathon Bracken future looks very good for Muay Thai in Ireland

Advertisement